Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this?

EjOlG4W.jpg

yWpJW07.jpg

LBGL6oL.jpg

9s4cCsh.jpg

From atop the 9th floor of the 33 Arch parking garage, per usual.

Even if we've decided that all the windows are in line, do we know why the glazing/color changed between them?

Ok engineers. Why would it be recessed? Is it temporary? A design decision?

The last row of glazing where it meets the masonary is going to be recessed like the top floor as well. It's just the design (which likely looked better on a screen than irl)

Oh, so most of the glazing is proud of the masonry? Huh.
Maybe it will all make sense when it is finished.

It's the top, so they made it slightly different from the rest of the building. This doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

Pleased to announce that a section of the crane has arrived on site!

Is this section in addition to the crane base? That's been in place for about a week already.

They expect the next parts of the crane to arrive on Friday Feb 14. Eventually, the excavators still in the pit will be removed, likely in pieces, by the crane.

Shoppers Park headhouse preparations:

14j9kiv.jpg

Also note all the mullions on the new Burnham facade

Still loving those mullions. To my untrained eye, it also looks like they're starting some interior work? Those perimeter columns look like they've been covered in drywall or painted.

Last edited:
After looking at these latest pictures I think the difference in color of the glass is because the glass used lower down is not entirely opaque but the glass on the top that is set back is entirely opaque at least from the outside.

Permit issued today for plumbing work on the tower. Cannistraro is the contractor.

Permit calls for 54-story building - floors 1 through 6 are ammenities and retail.

I thought it was going to be 60+ stories --?

"Floors" and "stories" in terms of marketing purposes mean nothing. People throw out all kinds of numbers based on the height. The sections tell the truth and they actually showed 55 stories plus an MEP penthouse that stretches high.

iw5hqr.png

By far and away the most exciting project going on in the city. The only projects that even come close are the Govt Ctr garage and TD garden towers.

By the by- I remember there being some commotion a few months ago as to whether the height included the mechanical penthouse.

The height of the Burnham Building is 125', so I projected a rectangle of that size up the tower, and the full height comes to about 625', including the penthouse. No unexpected bonuses, but I thought it better to soothe the minds of the height-obsessed here.

mill-tower-height.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back