Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shot of the Longfellow & millenium under construction (great shot bee line) makes me think that the tops of the salt & pepper towers should be gilded in gold to reflect the statehouse dome.

I actually walked by him when I went to lunch at about the time of your posting, and when I walked by about a half hour later, I saw that he had moved to the opposite corner. I wonder if someone made him move...

I noticed that too! I went up to Lambert's for some lunch after snapping that photo, and then on the way back through he was on the opposite corner. You and I may have passed by one another haha.

Here? Go to the page of the individual photo and click on the "share" button at bottom right. (It's an arrow.) You can choose how to share it. Pick the BB Code option if you want to post to this board.

IMG_20150612_140708 by tmac9wr, on Flickr

Thanks John! I appreciate the help.

There's a beacon that blinks on top of the crane I assume as a warning light for airplanes...does this mean the top of the crane is at a certain height?

Nice shots, all! Thank you! Great to see different perspectives than the same one I see daily from the fin dis.

Quick question for those in the know. Is there any reason for the color difference on the fence/netting on the floors above the glass and below the yellow fencing on the top? There's red just above the glass and just below the yellow fencing, and blue everywhere in between. Is it just available colors or is there a reason for it?

Quick question for those in the know. Is there any reason for the color difference on the fence/netting on the floors above the glass and below the yellow fencing on the top? There's red just above the glass and just below the yellow fencing, and blue everywhere in between. Is it just available colors or is there a reason for it?

There is also blue between the red fence/netting. I suspect that it just represents Suffolk Construction's brand colors.

Went to visit our finance assistant who has a great view facing the Greenway and noticed the crane had jumped into view of us over at 255 State Street across from the Aquarium:

rs6USbo.jpg

The MBTA has also issued a service advisory for two weekends from now to accommodate another crane jump.

Went to visit our finance assistant who has a great view facing the Greenway and noticed the crane had jumped into view of us over at 255 State Street across from the Aquarium:

rs6USbo.jpg

The MBTA has also issued a service advisory for two weekends from now to accommodate another crane jump.

the crane when view from the rt 2 Arlington hill is the tallest thing downtown

THAT is the effect I've been looking for, sunset hitting one of those offset sections and creating a slice of bright light while the rest of the tower is deep blue. Looks awesome, and will look even better when that strip of light runs up another 30 stories. This thing is going to do tricks with sunlight on par with the Hancock Tower.

THAT is the effect I've been looking for, sunset hitting one of those offset sections and creating a slice of bright light while the rest of the tower is deep blue. Looks awesome, and will look even better when that strip of light runs up another 30 stories. This thing is going to do tricks with sunlight on par with the Hancock Tower.

Yes, this tower is going to put on quite a show during sunsets over the Charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back