Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this could have ever aspired to be a "plateau breaker" based on height; a more distinctive crown might have helped, however. To me the building is just another completely blah glass slab--the real value of MT will be the street activation (two years back I might have said it was also distinctive in luring a luxury residential market to DTX, but what a difference a couple years make).

The roof will be slanted, so I think it has a pretty good shot. I think it'll be just the right height.

19390917893_d201f6b080_b.jpg

19823814338_e8fa2390ee_b.jpg

The Public garden one is awesome^ here's some from last week> Sorry that was more than I thought

Last edited:
The Public garden one is awesome^ here's some from last week...
.......Sorry that was more than I thought

2nd and 3rd pics from the highway area are really cool.

You should definitely think about splitting any post with over 10 pics. I know I seem a bit obnoxious with a million posts but I'd rather split them up so we don't get gargantuan, intimidating pages.

Speaking of which, I have some from yesterday but this page is already overloaded! See y'all on the next one! ;)

Pictures don't really do justice to the massive impact this building is having on the skyline from Cambridge, especially on the Memorial Drive esplanade;

19992729602_ec15f3cd4b_b.jpg

19812485960_990b74685d_b.jpg

19992727582_902f62eacc_b.jpg

19992730972_2c1c2bd848_b.jpg

Ahhhh what the heck. Let's flood the page with pictures.

Part 1 of 2 from 7/26

Last edited:
It's up to 46 fully formed floors out of 56. I estimate it to be 560'+. It's now 8th in the city and Boston's tallest building since the 80's!

There is a mechanical grate across the glass on the 27th floor (helps when counting), and then the floor plans change. This is delineated by a different spandrel-to-window layout on the 4 floors of cladding that are installed above the grate. (no pics sorry) There are 15 more floors above the glass. Just 10 to go! So close!

Just passed Boston's crowns. The 5 buildings clustered at the top of the plateau are next.

is it just me or does anyone else wish they could hug this buiding?

Once it's complete you'll have your chance. And so will the rest of us. And everyone else will be amused by the weirdos who are hugging a skyscraper.

I wanna take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant. Wait, THAT'S what happened to 100 Federal.

@DHZ22 pic #6 above.

Why am I just now learning that we have a street that shares a name with this guy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back