Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current pix are the swan song of the Crane -- its only got a short time left before it leaves its nest

It will be sad to see the tallest crane leave Boston -- its been fun :cool:

Hopefully it is not leaving... just relocating to the next tall project!

From the south it looks like the metal screening for the mechanicals has started going up

Won't the crane need to be there for the mech penthouse? That's a steel frame on top, no?

Shot from the Channel Center Garage
D6Sf6QL.jpg

oct%201%207_zpsbqzmcnvf.jpg

Neat pic; all the glass buildings really stand out.

I was in the harbor recently from a similar vantage point. A shame it's not like 100' taller. It would really stand out. Like most people, I like this new addition. But if it had been 100/150' taller (and with some type of "crown" or just some feature that could light it up at night), it really could have been a signature tower.

Lol not me - are people stealing my pics? Haha

It has a "#repost" which seems to be accepted on Instagram and other forms of social media but they should say #repost from account A or #repost from account B

I was in the harbor recently from a similar vantage point. A shame it's not like 100' taller. It would really stand out. Like most people, I like this new addition. But if it had been 100/150' taller (and with some type of "crown" or just some feature that could light it up at night), it really could have been a signature tower.

Well the mechanical screen has yet to start rising, so there's still some height left to go (though not 100ft) and we don't know about lighting yet either. So the Jury is still out. I predicted earlier on that this wouldn't stand out much based on the renderings. I think it stands out more than the renderings let on. I do believe it's the signature building in the Financial District already. From most perspectives- especially from a distance, it's clearly the tallest in the area. Nothing is going to top the Hancock and the Pru for a while as they're isolated and really standout.

Well the mechanical screen has yet to start rising, so there's still some height left to go (though not 100ft) and we don't know about lighting yet either. So the Jury is still out. I predicted earlier on that this wouldn't stand out much based on the renderings. I think it stands out more than the renderings let on. I do believe it's the signature building in the Financial District already. From most perspectives- especially from a distance, it's clearly the tallest in the area. Nothing is going to top the Hancock and the Pru for a while as they're isolated and really standout.

The problem of the harbor view is critically dependent on the specific view corridors as there are essentially equally tall buildings such as International Place, One Financial Center which happen to be closer to the harbor and so can have a greater angular size

So if you are on the inner harbor or even on say the Massport Piers Park in Eastie or the patio behind the Hotel you can get screened by the nearer buildings

I suspect that the view from the Logan Runways might be quite a bit better since you are further away although I've not had a chance in the past few weeks to confirm it

my pics were from Logan was surprised how short this tower looks from there If I was higher up I think this tower wd look taller, maybe the next tower will go higher?

my pics were from Logan was surprised how short this tower looks from there If I was higher up I think this tower wd look taller, maybe the next tower will go higher?

Best place for an elevated view from Eastie is probably the Madonna Shrine. It looked good from there.

When you are on the loop leaving Logan before the tunnel it becomes really prominent because from that angle it is in between the gap in the skyline.

Best place for an elevated view from Eastie is probably the Madonna Shrine. It looked good from there.

The best place to go on a hot summer weekend when you want to go to the beach but don't want to get going until noon. Take the Pike past Logan exit, get off in Eastie, thread your way to the access road to Constitution Beach (aka Airport Beach). Free parking at DCR hockey rink lot abutting the beach. Sit on your folding beach chair and watch the planes take off and land for a while.

When you get bored at the beach walk straight uphill to the Shrine to take in the view. Less than half-a-mile walk but of course it's straight uphill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back