Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem of the harbor view is critically dependent on the specific view corridors as there are essentially equally tall buildings such as International Place, One Financial Center which happen to be closer to the harbor and so can have a greater angular size

So if you are on the inner harbor or even on say the Massport Piers Park in Eastie or the patio behind the Hotel you can get screened by the nearer buildings

I was in the parking lot at BCEC a couple of weeks ago and it was completely hidden by, I think, International Place.

They are but I swear none were added this past week (At least on my side). There's only so many elevators, right? Were they using them for something else or was the glass on back-order. Will be able to tell more this week.

Based on the information released so far, the top enclosed concrete floor and the "roof" and both mechanical spaces. The highest occupied floor is the second to top one.

So the floor that has con of concrete is the highest occupied floor?

Hmm, looking at those last couple of close ups of the top few floors (thanks, Mongo), the highest and 2nd highest appear to be pretty much identical . . . Would this be common--to have such a floor plan--to just house mechanicals [on the top floor]?

^^^My thought is that this is the two story 30+ million dollar penthouse. The mechanical will go on top of it (?)

Two interesting things that stick out in the above pictures is 6 floors from the top there are some angled columns, and also the top floor elevator bank on the right is only half as wide as the ones below. The left elevator bank also appears to be the service elevator with the stairwell to the left of that.

In regards to the top floor, all of the renderings so far have shown the second to last floor to be the last occupied. Well just have to wait and see what happens from here. My guess would be mechanicals that need to be out of the elements will be in the top floor and above that would be things that need to be outside with a metal frame extending up to hold the glass crown.

millenniumtowerpatio-1024x506.jpg

mtower-top.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back