Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the subway and MT, when the hell are they gonna finish the downtown crossing exit? Its been over a year now of it being closed and lengthening the commute times for thousands of people per day. They sure are taking their sweet time while everyone who gets off at downtown crossing has to deal with their mess.

It's the T. What do you expect? Competence?

The headhouse & elevator will reopen with the rest of the tower & plaza, which I believe is supposed to be in a few weeks? With the way the site's staging area is set-up, it's not practical (or even possible) to open the headhouse early with a pedestrian easement thru the construction site.

With the way the site's staging area is set-up, it's not practical (or even possible) to open the headhouse early with a pedestrian easement thru the construction site.
Not at all. But it's more fun for folks to complain. It's as if they would rather have a giant gaping hole in the center of DTX or sumphin.'

I just walk up to the next stop, which is State Street, since I go to my doc's office that way anyway.

After getting off the Green Line at Park Street Station, it's a leisure walk for me anyway. It is my excuse to see the activity surrounding the tower.

And it DOES seem so atrociously slow getting that entrance back open. But the tower is funny looking with that slanted top! Hah!

Not at all. But it's more fun for folks to complain. It's as if they would rather have a giant gaping hole in the center of DTX or sumphin.'

Sorry for not being being happy that hours have been added on to my commute over the past year. And you are complaining about people complaining, by the way.

Sorry for not being being happy that hours have been added on to my commute over the past year. And you are complaining about people complaining, by the way.

Hours added onto your commute? Because the Franklin Street head house is closed?

Are we talking about the same project?

Hours added onto your commute? Because the Franklin Street head house is closed?

Are we talking about the same project?

I think what they means is that the cumulative amount of time lost over the course of the past year is able to be measured in hours. With a delay of about one minute per day from having to use the Summer Street entrance it does add up that a total of several hours would have been added to their commute over the course of a year. If their commute is being lengthened by several hours each day though I would suggest that they take another look at other commuting habits of theirs as the headhouse closure would not have affected their commute in such a manner.

Shrubbery has gone in near the elevator to shroud it a bit. Also note the acorn lamps that were installed last week. Shaping up nicely!

General progress photos from this afternoon:

IbxSJDPh.jpg

Es5zNBYh.jpg

VINv6UAh.jpg

CuHzFgzh.jpg

iQbgKKMh.jpg

has anyone noticed how nice the cleaned glass looks around that northeast side of the building.

Shrubbery has gone in near the elevator to shroud it a bit. Also note the acorn lamps that were installed last week. Shaping up nicely!

General progress photos from this afternoon:

IbxSJDPh.jpg

VINv6UAh.jpg

iQbgKKMh.jpg

Datadyne -- they should have planted the top of the Headhouse -- it would have been very French to have grass and shrubs growing up the roof of the headhouse

732cf2d0-1bf8-11e1-925f-62eacdab047c.jpg

^ Awesome pic!

Barrier on Franklin is down!

0LHJlk8h.jpg

ddH66xOh.jpg

Last edited:
^^Looks quite good in it's constraint.

Boston's finest endeavor since 1968-76/JHT.

Anyone know if this is the final setup for signage in this location? This sign looks way too small and out of place to my eyes. I would expect something a little more striking or eye-catching here.

I think they were testing sizes & fonts for the ordering of the architectural signage with these. Makes sense to mock it up before ordering it.

I'm willing to bet that somewhere down the line, they will end up renaming the tower One Franklin Street. Hah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back