Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millennium.jpg

Banker and Tradesman

[ URL=http://s301.photobucket.com/user/boston02124/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7o1fjxyo.jpeg.html]
image_zps7o1fjxyo.jpeg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Boston -- that long lens shot -- a fabulous juxtaposition only in Boston!!

You have glass done well in Millie with Glass Done terribly wrong in Darth Vader and in the midst of the glass sandwich -0- stone done wonderfully in the New Old South

Money -- and you would call it?

Apparently you don't realize that around here we have Massave, MemDrive, CommAve, the Piike, DotAve, the Hill, the Common, MFA, MOS, the Institute, the T, .... -- none of them are the given names of the entities

Money -- and you would call it?

Apparently you don't realize that around here we have Massave, MemDrive, CommAve, the Piike, DotAve, the Hill, the Common, MFA, MOS, the Institute, the T, .... -- none of them are the given names of the entities

I prefer to call it the Millennium Tower.

My issue has nothing to do with the use of an abbreviation (thanks for the somewhat insulting lesson in "abbreviations of the Commonwealth"). I just don't like "millie" (and there are clearly some folks that agree). And now you got me to write it in a post, and I hate it even more.

I respect your right to say it, but it just really annoys me.

what's wrong with MT for when someone doesn't feel like writing out millennium tower? MT is what we've called it many places on this forum...and it distinguishes it from MP.

and btw, i'm no admin, but hard to police exact abbreviation usage on a forum I would imagine. things tend to fizzle that are simply ignored. Abbreviations are organic, not forced.

what's wrong with MT for when someone doesn't feel like writing out millennium tower? MT is what we've called it many places on this forum...and it distinguishes it from MP.

and btw, i'm no admin, but hard to police exact abbreviation usage on a forum I would imagine. things tend to fizzle that are simply ignored. Abbreviations are organic, not forced.

If this tower goes like other luxury high rise buildings in NYC that are used for investment instead of a residence we may just be calling this 'empty'.

If this tower goes like other luxury high rise buildings in NYC that are used for investment instead of a residence we may just be calling this 'empty'.

I don't think that's the case here. Fortunately, most of the buyers have been locals and presumably will be living there.

^+1
We've discussed this many times on this forum; many of us feel that there is a substantial local market for mid/high luxury (not necessarily billionaire-luxury) that had been severely underserved for many years when things were not getting built. Now that the valve has finally been opened again, we have a significant local market to work through before we "run out" of local buyers.
NYC is different because they have a supply glut of units in the $10-40+Million pricetag range;
Boston, on the other hand, is selling $0.8-3M units to people with a $4-10m+ net worths;
a particular demographic that has been mentioned in association with both MT and 1Dalton is the well-off suburban empty nesters population who is moving back to the city in their 60's.

Electricians wired the lights up in the headhouse yesterday. Progress marches on...

While I'm kind of getting sick of the 9000000000000000000000 photos of MT, the one above is a fantastic shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back