Millennium Tower (Filene's) -Discussion and Photo Thread

Re: Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Well the steps are getting some use today! Love these organic uses that just happen in our public spaces.

https://twitter.com/DWileyNBCBoston/status/839583099017179137

C6bMXl9WcAEdNE-.jpg:large

Yep, master deed allows only nonpaying guests. So, a "friend" paying you to stay is not allowed.

That is in addition to the minimum lease term of 1 year, which explicitly says short term leases via "websites such as 'airbnb.com'" is not allowed.

I am surprised the building condo by-laws don't include a fine for violations.

My building accesses a $5,000 per day fine for AirBnB type activity. Definitely clamps down on the activity.

Well the steps are getting some use today! Love these organic uses that just happen in our public spaces.

C6bMXl9WcAEdNE-.jpg:large

Awesome

That listing is gone and I'm not going to out anyone else but it seems as though there are a couple of other options for upscale stays nearby.

Has anyone seen a copy of the condo by-laws? Do they have to be filed with the city, or the registry of deeds or anything like that?

The Master Deed, which has these restrictions and the Declaration of Trust are in the Registry of Deeds. Usually, these documents will allow the Condo board to create additional rules as well, which aren't filed.

Master Deed is at Book 56268, page 105 or http://docdro.id/1NtRKPq

Declaration of Trust is at Book 56268, page 205 or http://docdro.id/VPl68dA

The Master Deed, which has these restrictions and the Declaration of Trust are in the Registry of Deeds. Usually, these documents will allow the Condo board to create additional rules as well, which aren't filed.

Master Deed is at Book 56268, page 105 or http://docdro.id/1NtRKPq

Declaration of Trust is at Book 56268, page 205 or http://docdro.id/VPl68dA

Condo Association Bylaws are typically filed with the Registry of Deeds as well, and linked to the Master Deed. They are pretty important real estate documents defining a condo's operation, fee structures, voting rights, etc. Our are, although I don't think amendments ever get filed.

the incomplete top will forever bug me

the incomplete top will forever bug me

Even a partial rim around the top (with a big hole for the window washer) would be better -- something that hides the framing from most views.

the full cover/roof with the slit for the emergence and retraction of the window-washing unit -- as per the renders(!!!) -- is what was proposed and promised and the city should request that they deliver on that design. it's not *just* locals or architecture obsessives who notice, either: buddy of mine was up from NYC, we were driving and walking around the city and I mentioned the new MT and she said, "looks really nice, and like it's almost finished -- they just need to wrap up work on the roof!"

the full cover/roof with the slit for the emergence and retraction of the window-washing unit -- as per the renders(!!!) -- is what was proposed and promised and the city should request that they deliver on that design. it's not *just* locals or architecture obsessives who notice, either: buddy of mine was up from NYC, we were driving and walking around the city and I mentioned the new MT and she said, "looks really nice, and like it's almost finished -- they just need to wrap up work on the roof!"

The renders are not a document of intent. The submitted 2d drawings are. If those show a cap (which i seriously doubt) then there is an argument to be had. Otherwise we should let it go. Nobody but building nerds notice this crap.

cca

....Nobody but building nerds notice this crap.

cca

Everybody notices the open top from the south. It's the highest feature of the tallest building downtown. One would have to be blind not to notice it. It's not just specific observation areas either. The tower looks unfinished from 93N.

I would go so far as to say that leaving the top open is an embarrassment. If I ever met the developer of this tower in person I would say it to his face, because it's 99% the best building of my lifetime and 1% WTF.

This is Boston were not allowed to have nice things. Just wait for the antenna on 1 Dalton.

Nobody but building nerds notice this crap.

cca

gosh, i tried to be awfully clear, but i'll try again: my friend who was visiting is anything but a "building nerd" and it was the very first thing she said after checking out MT for the first time. if just some rando visitor from NYC is like, "nice building. when's it going to be finished?" i think that says something.

gosh, i tried to be awfully clear, but i'll try again: my friend who was visiting is anything but a "building nerd" and it was the very first thing she said after checking out MT for the first time. if just some rando visitor from NYC is like, "nice building. when's it going to be finished?" i think that says something.

My wife has pointed it out a few times, too, going in town from Dot up 93 North. She is also pretty far from a building nerd.

My folks, who retired to the south, are building nerds b/c I periodically send them images of what we're "achieving" up here in Winterfell. The last time they visited, though, they asked when the top of MT would be finished.

All of our stories are anecdotes, but it doesn't make the rooftop close! ;)

Someone needs to sneak up there with black spray paint and fix it. Then whoever lives in the penthouse needs to install flood lights on their balcony pointing up at the crown. Fixed.

gotta talk to Joe Larkin about making the top of that tower glimmer a bit after dark.

effing blows that it's so dark.

Someone needs to sneak up there with black spray paint and fix it. Then whoever lives in the penthouse needs to install flood lights on their balcony pointing up at the crown. Fixed.

I went and looked at the master deed online; there's a provision that bans any outdoor decorations (I was wondering if the penthouse owner could put up Christmas lights or a tree on the deck), and I'm guessing that this would fall in the same category :( .

Back