Millennium Tower (Filene's) -Discussion and Photo Thread

Re: Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Dell purchased a penthouse, not the penthouse.

I'm not crazy about the name change from Downtown Crossing to Millennium Crossing-- I don't believe that's in the works.

^^It's not in the works... it was just a Realtor's observation about the # of Millennium units transforming downtown.

Google recently updated their streetview and this spot has a great progression of shots from 2007 to now. You go from old Filenes building to hole in the ground with a shell, destruction of the old façade, construction, and finally the new tower. To see it click on the clock icon in the upper left corner under the address.

There is also finally streetview on Washington st. but nothing before the tower was built.

holy God those pics are incredible......

Google recently updated their streetview and this spot has a great progression of shots from 2007 to now. You go from old Filenes building to hole in the ground with a shell, destruction of the old façade, construction, and finally the new tower. To see it click on the clock icon in the upper left corner under the address.

There is also finally streetview on Washington st. but nothing before the tower was built.

This spot https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3556874,-71.0588524,3a,75y,263.88h,95.72t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sJa5O35H8D0WuqD130zCH0w!2e0!5s20161001T000000!7i13312!8i6656 seems to have a couple more dates captured...

But the shadows! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY CARE ABOUT THE SHADOWS!!!! Plant genocide in the Common thanks to this. ;)

I know I'm alone in saying this, but I like the hollow roof in IMG_5792. Take out that cannon thing or whatever it is and it would be OK.

The history of that corner is tragic as you scroll through the streetview years...

I know I'm alone in saying this, but I like the hollow roof in IMG_5792. Take out that cannon thing or whatever it is and it would be OK.

Except that the cannon thing is what keeps the building clean and shiny and pretty.

That ground floor looks like pure class. IMO the vertical striping gives a nice nod to nearby architecture as well. This is a beautiful street capped off by a beautiful modern addition.

Is this building done?

http://www.batesrealestatereport.co...t-of-bostons-biggest-luxury-condo/05/08/2017/

The Incredible Floor Plan and Extraordinary Cost of Boston’s Biggest Luxury Condo

The one unit, a behemoth at 12,323 square feet, holds five en-suite bedrooms; a two bedroom suite, probably perfect for guests with kids; a massive master with his and her bathrooms, each with their own walk-in closets; two kitchens, probably one for prep and one for serving; nine full baths; four elevator banks, including the service elevator; and two stairwells. The Grand Penthouse at Millennium Tower has an enormous amount of space to live, work, and play in – as well as what has to be the longest private deck in the city.

MTBGPHFloorPlan4.jpg

^ Taken on a Sunday in February

^ Taken on a Sunday in February

So it's only a weekday business district?

Look, I get it - - and perhaps Downtown "Crossing" is a work in progress - - I certainly hope the City can get "there" to this being a 24/7 lively and world class (not Houston/Cleveland class) downtown neighborhood.

Back