Mission Hill Parcel 25 | Tremont St @ Roxbury Crossing

This is a weird thread.... it changes from parcel 25 south bay to parcel 25 mission hill....... with pictures and conversation about both in it. Probably shouldnt be that way

This is a weird thread.... it changes from parcel 25 south bay to parcel 25 mission hill....... with pictures and conversation about both in it. Probably shouldnt be that way

Appears that FK4 erroneously requested they be merged on 11/14/2014 and it was carried out by one of the mods.

Thread is a mess now...

I'm posting via thread title. Should I be posting in another thread??

OK, I think I fixed it. If I missed any stray posts or moved what I shouldn't have, please let me know.

This one is rather a "game changer" (even though I hate to use that term... way too new-media, way too curbed boston-ish). Still think they should have gone taller here, though.

I was thinking about how Columbus/cancelled I-695 sundered Roxbury from Mission Hill (a part of Roxbury, not JP as the realtors market it). I actually think the relocation of the Wentworth field to the adjacent lot is only going to reinforce how wide the gulf is between Dudley and Mission. Unfortunate. Hopefully this project and the eventual redevelopment of the housing projects upstream from here will help knit the areas back together.

we do some seriously paltry misguided not planned for the future crap......

for a block of this order of magnitude, jeeze.

should have gone 10-12 easy.

btw, i thought one of the sub parcels at Roxbury Crossing was going sort of tallish...

??

Last edited:
we do some seriously paltry misguided not planned for the future crap......

for a block of this order of magnitude, jeeze.

should have gone 10-12 easy.

btw, i thought one of the sub parcels at Roxbury Crossing was going sort of tallish...

??

According to the PNF, Phase 3 (abutting the tracks) will be a maximum of 160ft. That's at least 10-12 for you.

Thanks. Great urban planning there (saving the dense part for last!)

I don't live over there anymore so thanks for the pictures BeeLine. This project is huge for this area and I don't know why it took so long to get going. Perfect location, orange line across the street and 66 runs right by here for easy access to Alston.

Thanks. Great urban planning there (saving the dense part for last!)

In case you're being facetious (which is how your post read)...

Saving the dense part for last in this scenario isn't so much an urban planning obstacle so much as a financial one. If the same development team is overseeing the multi-phase build-out of this parcel, then they probably will need to demonstrate cash flow from phase(s) I (& II?) of this development in order to get the financing needed to break ground on the larger, more dense tower.

This isn't always the case, however. Some developers are forbidden from building too dense until the necessary infrastructure on and abutting the property--water, sewer, utilities, transportation--is sufficient enough to accommodate the denser development. Thanks to the transit connectivity and existing infrastructure around Roxbury Crossing station, I don't imagine the developer(s) had to mitigate for all of those improvements before they may break ground on their larger tower.

I tried going back in the thread to see the % of affordable or market rate units and it's a little messed up because of the South Bay thread being merged so I can't find it if it was posted before... do we know what these units will be sold at?

....Saving the dense part for last in this scenario isn't so much an urban planning obstacle so much as a financial one...... ....forbidden from building too dense until the necessary infrastructure on and abutting the property--water, sewer, utilities, transportation--is sufficient enough to accommodate the denser development.....

Great points.... yep, i was flip flopping for fun. That increases the density to a much better level. From a public relations point of view, it's probably better from the perspective of the neighbors to do the low-rise, fill most of the parcel, activate the corner, and then add the mid-rises.

The PNF also mentioned that Phase 3 could be combined with Phase 2 if funding is secured.

Back