MIT East Campus - Kendall Square Gateway | Cambridge

The Kendall side (North side) dark sliver is my only real complaint (besides my queasiness with cantilevering.) since it just doesn't catch any light

Otherwise I like it on the sides where it catches more light and am looking forward to seeing more of the gradation at the top. This is the type of building where I think how it looks when the other buildings and even the new Google building are completed are going to be what matters and not so much how it looks standalone.

As the panels go higher, they are rapidly getting brighter. The latest panels have a sharp, bright contrast. I have a bad feeling that the finished building will still be the cluster that the render was.

As the panels go higher, they are rapidly getting brighter. The latest panels have a sharp, bright contrast. I have a bad feeling that the finished building will still be the cluster that the render was.

It seems like the color change was too subtle for most of the lower sets of 3 floors, then had a sudden, rapid change for the top sections. It would have been better if the change was more uniform as it rose (less subtle at the bottom, less stark at the top).

XbUqUrLh.jpg

Welcome! Great to see newly approved people contributing photos, rather than BeeLine carrying the entire forum ;)

MHw2bDl.jpg

CDVxkPy.jpg

w83zqN6.jpg

Looks like the core of building three is starting to rise.
L8nbz4i.jpg

Crane base for building one is in place.
g2i923S.jpg

It won't be long until both of these are going vertical. That'll be a sight to see.

PEsHZAm.jpg

Buckle your seatbelts folks, Kendall's going to be busy!

Below are some renders I found for what the open area behind buildings three four and five will look like once the dust settles.

oAktSWD.jpg

Looks like there is an entrance for underground parking in the image above in the lower right corner.

rdRdcr8.jpg

Back