National Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common ground indeed but Trump has shown that he intends to increase funding to the military and spending taxpayers money building a concrete wall instead of something helpful like education. I would love that money is spent on infrastructure improvement as promised by Trump but like many have stated already, he hasn't made any preliminary plans to actually do so.

CNN: If Trump is Killed During Inauguration, Obama Appointee Would be President

Re; Dems remain hopeful Trump will be killed.... :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4137436/CNN-says-Trump-s-death-lead-Democrat-President.html

CNN has been criticized for airing a report which revealed that an Obama appointee would become president if Donald Trump was killed during an attack on the inauguration tomorrow.

Entitled Disaster could put Obama cabinet member in Oval Office, the report admits that there is no specific threat targeting the inauguration, but goes on to speculate about “who would be in charge if an attack hit the incoming president….just as the transfer of power is underway”.

An individual named the “designated presidential successor” will not attend the inauguration as a security precaution, “but it won’t be a Trump cabinet secretary….it will be an Obama appointee,” reports CNN.

The report emphasizes that “a president from the prior administration” will take power if there is an attack due to the fact that none of Trump’s cabinet secretaries have been confirmed yet.

According to CNN, the designated presidential successor is likely to be Tom Shannon, the Under Secretary For Political Affairs, and an Obama appointee.

The report teases the potential for an attack on the inauguration by asserting it would create “chaos” and “high theater,” before airing clips from ABC’s Designated Survivor show in which Kiefer Sutherland plays an obscure cabinet secretary who is “unexpectedly thrust into the presidency after an attack at the capitol during a State of the Union address.”

Given the huge number of death threats leveled at Trump – including one family friend of Hillary Clinton who was arrested after he threatened to assassinate Trump at the inauguration – is CNN irresponsible in drawing attention to this issue?

Respondents to the video on YouTube, which was heavily thumbed down, slammed CNN for almost encouraging a violent attack against Trump.

We're into silly land now.

I can remember "news" stories like this going back to 1980 for every inauguration. And there's always shocked indignation and accusations of encouraging violence from the incoming party. These designated successor stories come up every time. It's just that we now have the internet to rocket-fuel the speculation and resultant indignation. Much blather about nothing.

As for anyone getting ideas, the Secret Service knows what it's doing better than all the internet commenters on the global internet combined know what they're talking about. Trump will be well protected at the inauguration, for that will be under Secret Service coordination.

Trump's main risk comes from the fact that in NY and his other private properties, he's apparently insistent on using his private security staff more than the Secret Service. If those reports are true, that's a seriously stupid decision.

CNN: If Trump is Killed During Inauguration, Obama Appointee Would be President

Re; Dems remain hopeful Trump will be killed.... :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4137436/CNN-says-Trump-s-death-lead-Democrat-President.html

CNN has been criticized for airing a report which revealed that an Obama appointee would become president if Donald Trump was killed during an attack on the inauguration tomorrow.

Entitled Disaster could put Obama cabinet member in Oval Office, the report admits that there is no specific threat targeting the inauguration, but goes on to speculate about “who would be in charge if an attack hit the incoming president….just as the transfer of power is underway”.

An individual named the “designated presidential successor” will not attend the inauguration as a security precaution, “but it won’t be a Trump cabinet secretary….it will be an Obama appointee,” reports CNN.

The report emphasizes that “a president from the prior administration” will take power if there is an attack due to the fact that none of Trump’s cabinet secretaries have been confirmed yet.

According to CNN, the designated presidential successor is likely to be Tom Shannon, the Under Secretary For Political Affairs, and an Obama appointee.

The report teases the potential for an attack on the inauguration by asserting it would create “chaos” and “high theater,” before airing clips from ABC’s Designated Survivor show in which Kiefer Sutherland plays an obscure cabinet secretary who is “unexpectedly thrust into the presidency after an attack at the capitol during a State of the Union address.”

Given the huge number of death threats leveled at Trump – including one family friend of Hillary Clinton who was arrested after he threatened to assassinate Trump at the inauguration – is CNN irresponsible in drawing attention to this issue?

Respondents to the video on YouTube, which was heavily thumbed down, slammed CNN for almost encouraging a violent attack against Trump.

I'm pretty sure most Dems do not hope that Trump gets killed so that's a pretty pathetic attempt at trolling. An assassination would be troubling from a national security standpoint and a threat to all Americans.

We're into silly land now.

Really this wouldn't shock me since we have the Apprentice as our president at this point.

I'm pretty sure most Dems do not hope that Trump gets killed so that's a pretty pathetic attempt at trolling. An assassination would be troubling from a national security standpoint and a threat to all Americans.

I'm not sure what planet you have been living on for the last 30 years. But the Democrats & Republicans have been having one BIG PARTY with the taxpayer money.

The Democrats lost Ohio, Michigan, Penn, Florida, Wisconsin all Democratic states. The reason why they lost.

The last 20 years of low interest rates and printing unlimited amounts of money only have helped inflate assets: It has done nothing for the working class American who gets up everyday to make sure America is running.
Truck Drivers, Retail, Grocery Stores, Energy workers, Construction workers.
The Everday working class Americans.
The local economies do not exist anymore---
The Federal Govt is now over 50% of America's workforce? How is that possible in free society--That the Govt has become the largest employer.
That's a free country? Sounds to me that we are Communist at this point.
You basically can't take a piss without using a Federal regulated, licensed, EPA licensed, state licensed, toilet made from China. "How many licensed do we need for a toilet?"

At this point how can you even stick up for the people running our country into the ground?

What do you think that creating APPS for children is going to lead America into the 21century.

In my view America concept was the home of freedom, liberty and justice. Were it doesn't matter how much money your worth or what religion you practice if you commit a crime you go to jail. We are law abiding country that believes in justice and FREEDOM.

Wall Street/The Fed has completely gutted the American working class Taxpayer to the bone. The Glass-Steagall Act need to be put in action.
Ben Bernanke should have wrote the American Taxpayers a check instead of giving Trillions to the bankers and FOR WHAT? More Bubble Assets.
It's all relative.

The Democrats showed there true colors supporting Hilary Criminal over Bernie Sanders. Washington is just a cess pool of SHIT.

The Clinton Foundation is crumbling believe me one of their cronies if given the chance would take Trump out in a second. This is about MONEY AND POWER.

Looks like Trump is having trouble getting supporters to attend his ceremony and has resorted to begging on fb and instagram. I saw it on my feed as well and thought about reserving a ticket and not going.

http://www.ibtimes.com/trump-inaugu...ds-targeting-users-lure-them-ceremony-2476647

It seems like Obama was an outlier for large crowds at his inauguration. Even if Trump pulls 500,000, he'd have more than most recent presidential inaugurations.

http://www.ajc.com/news/national-go...rs-attendance-numbers/5vFhFaXAekpwJaidigVSKN/

We're probably doomed. We're all bastards. No one is innocent.

You'll never get a liberal to admit they believe they exclusively possess the right to vote on behalf of their own selfish interests. That their charismatic, elite cult leaders are all knowing in forcing us to support them in pursuing those same selfish interests.

i consider myself a progressive conservative. i'm all for investing in people and their communities, lifting anyone from poverty who is willing to work toward that end. i'd have voted for Johnson's Great Society. i'm supportive of progressive programs that spend tax payer money wisely to ensure that no one falls through the cracks.

i voted for Bill Clinton twice. (ok, i didn't necessarily dislike Bush. But i also don't believe career intelligence officers should be allowed to run for president. Bush was in the CIA since at least 1952, and probably as far back as 1947). i'm steadfast in my belief of helping the people who deserve help, to become everything that they can be. i believe all children should have free heath insurance up to at least age 21. probably age 25.

i'm a realist. Not everyone uses the system to better themselves and society. How do you stop people from abusing the system. Like everyone, i have next to no answers. If a Democrat is holding office, i receive .gov statistics lauded on CNN with skepticism. If a Republican is in office, i better do the same if i'm tuned to Fox News or listening to Howie Carr. i listen to about 2/3 liberal news outlets, and their professional obfuscators.

i have snowflake whisperers in my family. It's horrible to see a sibling raise kids, and offer no discipline or teach them personal responsiblity – knowing what the outcome will be. Then 10 years later seeing the child abuse play out as feared.

The problem with liberalism, is that it's gone completely off the rails, not only to rewarding bad behavior, but to slam those that attempt to discuse the damage the bad behavior is doing to our society. Again, i'm a hypocrite here. i don't have answers.

If i were a flailing, sensitive snowflake fully invested in the 'victim class,' or too cowardly to make the effort of self discipline to better myself – why wouldn't i see the huge appeal in voting for the politicians who promise me the most free shit, create victims over the slightest pretense, and make it into an massive 'industry' ?? Why wouldn't i vote for the politician most willing to rip off the taxpayer, fill the offices with likeminded friends, bankrupt the country – and call it social justice??

i'd be very tempted. Y'ever try to get through the day without a good rationalization? Hell, yeah, i'd want to vote for the faith healers and social 'forgivers' to the galactically lazy. They might even send me to a 'get more free shit' seminar.... If i'm really clever, i'd just fill in that i'm Native American on my application and get even more free, endless everything; straight to getting my Ph.D. Dammit, i might eventually even become a member of the Harvard faculty.... hailed a great warrior for social justice.... and one day, even become a US Senator.

Liberals, are the balls. Conflate the number of victims up to a number close to infinity. Then, OPEN the floodgates so all the illegal Democrats can pour in!

Get everybody signed up on the FREE shit train. Make everything free until you're 30. Label all conservatives, of all colors, and creeds as White Racist Scum and Uncle Toms (as Mr. Hill so eloquently did on CNN 2 nights ago).... Suck in all the great PR. Stack the press and entertainment industry with like minded social justice warriors just like you and cash in for the next 75 years.

Or you go the tough road. Make outlandish declarations that we could be in a race to the bottom, talk about things like an honest debate, and honest US Labor statistics, talk about those who've left the labor force because they can't find gainful employment.... and get labeled a bigot.

Fine. Then, i say i have just as much of a right to vote for legal, documented immigration (as written in US law), non-wide open borders and greater measures to prevent terrorism. i might vote for the guy who ain't afraid to call the 'system of welfare to Mexico via anchor babies,' or that half the mothers nearly died, or had to be rescued out in the desert in a dusty truck, and now the American society of taxpayers and hospital stock holders has to foot the $78,000 medical bill – instead of having that money spent on my next tax break, a better stock portfolio, lower taxes for MP so they can build a less VE's skyscraper, and charter schools for challenged neighborhoods in my home city....

i can vote for more money to go to help improve the lives of the people who's parents contributed to this country, or died from Agent Orange just like they do everywhere else. i can vote for less taxes, and less $$$ for the arts if it leaves me with more cash for a greener lawn and send my kid to MIT instead of Northeastern.

LhOHU.gif

These people aren't protesters. They are opportunists who use the political climate to justify their destruction. You don't show up in all black, carrying hammers, with your face covered if you are looking to reasonably change something.

And worse, in prior situations, people doing these kinds of things were found to be right wingers trying to smear the image of BLM/peaceful protesters to provide Breitbart headlines.

And worse, in prior situations, people doing these kinds of things were found to be right wingers trying to smear the image of BLM/peaceful protesters to provide Breitbart headlines.

I dont doubt you, but do you have a place to verify that?

These rabid anarchists are, by far, the greatest threat to this country.

These rabid anarchists are, by far, the greatest threat to this country.

Nah you are. I would even choose more moderate NIMBYs over you because of your disregard over other people's concerns which is a common trait among Trump supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back