National Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where oh where have all the normal dumps gone? Why are explosive diarrhea vs chronic constipation the only alternatives left for America?

Probably something to do with our diet. Crap in > crap out sort of thing.

You need more roughage.

Maybe people voted for Trump because they didn't like what the other side had to offer. Explosive diarrhea sounds like a relief after 8 years of chronic constipation.

On the other hand, after 4 years of publicly shitting their pants, many of those same voters will decide they were better off holding it in after all. Until, of course, they can't hold it any longer. And thus, the political pendulum swings back and forth, shittier than ever.

Where oh where have all the normal dumps gone? Why are explosive diarrhea vs chronic constipation the only alternatives left for America?

Yes, vote to the destroy the country because you don't like it. How does the saying go? Cut the nose to spite the face?

The truth is, if Republicans truly wanted to fight for something that would have given them actual results that benefits them, they should have voted for anyone BUT Trump during the Republican primary. Literally any choice besides Ted Cruz would have been a better option. Instead they decided to go for the guy who's a pathological liar, a con man.

Granted the Democrats could have gone with Sanders, but neither Clinton or Sanders would send the nation down this possibly destructive path, nor would have any of the other Republican candidates, save for possibly Ted Cruz. Instead the Republican party has been hijacked by the nationalist neo-nazi/alt right.

So why did you vote for him?

Also how about that EPA pick? A EPA critic to head the EPA? It wouldn't even be a surprise if he nominates a neo-nazi to be the US ambassador to Israel.

Who was I supposed to vote for Hilary Clinton? AKA Democratic party who screwed Bernie Sanders out of a nomination.

A party that had to create a super delegate process only to game the nomination out of Bernie sanders hands. No accountability taken against Donna Brasille and Debra Wassleman. Which is voter fraud.

Please enlighten me how Hilary Clinton was a better choice than Donald Trump.

I'm actually glad that our relations with Russia have soften with Trump in office.
I was beginning to worry if Clinton, Obama Globalists were trying to force Russia into a corner which would not be good for the U.S. in my opinion.

Who was I supposed to vote for Hilary Clinton? AKA Democratic party who screwed Bernie Sanders out of a nomination.

A party that had to create a super delegate process only to game the nomination out of Bernie sanders hands. No accountability taken against Donna Brasille and Debra Wassleman. Which is voter fraud.

I'm actually glad that our relations with Russia have soften with Trump in office.
I was beginning to worry if Clinton, Obama Globalists were trying to force Russia into a corner which would not be good for the U.S. in my opinion.

- A Hillary Clinton presidency would not be appointing someone who doesn't believe in global warming or pollution

- A Hillary Clinton presidency would not embolden neo-nazis to attack/threaten minorities, people of different religion, immigrants

- A Hillary Clinton presidency would be focused on learning all about the responsibilities he has to take on instead of going on Twitter to attack a union boss

- A Hillary Clinton presidency would result in a president that is focused on being a president, not divert part of his attention to be the executive producer of a show

I'll admit, from your perspective, you were stuck between a rock and a hard place given the choice you had but your party nominated possibly the worst candidate they could have put on the ballot. But again, Hillary would have resulted more of the same compared to Donald who is looking more and more like he is trying to ruin the country.

Btw, Trump already has done something you really hate, give tax breaks to companies in order to keep jobs. What happened? I thought he was going to punish companies for outsourcing the employees, not give them a tax break for retaining a small number of jobs while replacing some of them through automation. At least in Boston, when we give tax breaks to company, they create new jobs, not reduce the number of jobs they are going to cut.

Bernie Sanders screwed himself out of a nomination by having a platform that ended up only getting him 1/3 of the black & other minority vote.

A party that had to create a super delegate process only to game the nomination out of Bernie sanders hands.
Superdelegates ("unpledged delegates") were established in 1984. Bernie Sanders was not running for president & DWS was not the DNC Chair in 1984.

See KentXie's post above.

The party nomination system is quasi-private, its not a general election. If you don't like it you can either create your own party or rise up in the ranks to change the party itself. Sanders was an independent who decided to run under the Democratic party's nomination as he new independents have no shot - of course the Democratic party was going to back up and fall in behind their established candidate who has been working with, in, and for the party for decades. Hillary also completely destroyed Sanders in the primary popular vote - he wasn't getting the nomination anyways as his message didn't resonate with a majority of even Democrats. Super delegates have been around for decades.

As for Russia - glad you enjoy kowtowing to Putin, but I sure as hell don't. Especially after the multiple cyber attacks lead by Russia this election to try to influence in favor of Trump being elected. Best part of this? Suck up and kiss ass to Putin, while Trump has already caused an international incident with our main trading partner China by calling the president of Taiwan. Brilliant.

- A Hillary Clinton presidency would not be appointing someone who doesn't believe in global warming or pollution

- A Hillary Clinton presidency would not embolden neo-nazis to attack/threaten minorities, people of different religion, immigrants

- A Hillary Clinton presidency would be focused on learning all about the responsibilities he has to take on instead of going on Twitter to attack a union boss

- A Hillary Clinton presidency would result in a president that is focused on being a president, not divert part of his attention to be the executive producer of a show

I'll admit, from your perspective, you were stuck between a rock and a hard place given the choice you had but your party nominated possibly the worst candidate they could have put on the ballot. But again, Hillary would have resulted more of the same compared to Donald who is looking more and more like he is trying to ruin the country.

Btw, Trump already has done something you really hate, give tax breaks to companies in order to keep jobs. What happened? I thought he was going to punish companies for outsourcing the employees, not give them a tax break for retaining a small number of jobs while replacing some of them through automation. At least in Boston, when we give tax breaks to company, they create new jobs, not reduce the number of jobs they are going to cut.

Concerning Global Warming---I actually know some Scientists and I have asked them this question.
Global Warming is happening--
The question is---Is Global Warming caused by humanity? I get a 50/50 on this.
One scientist described it this way. The earth was at one point a giant iceball and has been melting ever since with periods of cooling along with being long overdue for an another Ice Age. The scientist thinks the Global Warming theory is happening but is more political than anything else some believe that it will happen even without human intervention.
I personally view that we need to hold companies accountable if they pollute our planet.
I think the overall problem for the earth is over population at this point.

You didn't answer one question? Why didn't the Democratic party investigate Debra Wassleman and Donna Brazille for their shenanigans concerning the Democratic nomination process.
This truly shows what type of character these people have. They are above the LAW.

What about all the MONEY printing schemes against our countries middle class?
Trump or Hilary--- it won't matter at this point for what is coming for America economically down this path.

You didn't answer one question? Why didn't the Democratic party investigate Debra Wassleman and Donna Brazille for their shenanigans concerning the Democratic nomination process.
This truly shows what type of character these people have. They are above the LAW.
No I agree they should be investigated, no doubt. That being say, the Republican party isn't clean either. Trump is a con man and a person who should have been charged with sexual assault numerous times. And yet, the party dismiss these allegations.

What about all the MONEY printing schemes against our countries middle class?
I've already explain the reason behind printing money numerous time on the board, i.e. to give people incentive to spend more. This is similar to tax cuts which puts more money into the hands of consumers to spend.

But what about the tax breaks that Trump are giving corporations which means less money for the government to spend on infrastructures that Trump PROMISE to improve?

But what about the fact that him and his family staying at the Trump Tower is costing taxpayers more than $1mm a day to pay for his security? Money that could be spent elsewhere?

BTW, on top of this, he has taken his anger out on a union boss who is part of the Middle Class. Not only that, his action has already spur Carrier to replace some of their workers through automation because they can't afford to pay them at $23 an hour.

There was no investigation because they didn't do anything wrong. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is a Democrat and supported the Democrat running for president in her party, not the phony opportunistic independent-but-democrat-this-time-for-the-money-&-tv-time candidate.

So what happen to you constantly railing to us that Trump was going to be different? Are you telling us that you were wrong?

Not yet but it's not looking good. Between Hilary vs Trump----
Trump was the only shot America had to be saved.

I would have rather seen him pick somebody out of the yellow pages to represent our country's finances at this point.

Examples
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Hank Paulson do you really believe throughout the economic crisis the only best interest they had was Goldman Sachs and the bankers. Not what is best for the American People or this country.

FDA--Monsanto, other food companies-----FDA only has the best interest in the corporations.

Remember the movie with the Dallas Buyers Club? Matthew Mcconaughey-
That was a perfect example of what is going on in the Pharmaceutical industry.
Most of the Govt agencies are geared that way at this point they represent the corporations not Humanity. Its a system geared towards money.

Think about this:

WWII when America came back from fighting Germany and Japan.
The mentality for the American people and soliders is we just stopped EVIL group of people. So America had good character we did the right thing. Nobody cared about how rich somebody was and the only people that actually changed the future was the dreamers. Most Americans valued their famalies and personal free time. That's the mentaity I saw growing up.

Govt Workers were also very responsible they would do what is best for the American people or country. They kept millionaires in check and veterans were are our heros not some guy that makes billion dollars daytrading.
Today I think the Govt represents over 50% of the workforce collecting pensions and healthcare. The Govt is the #1 employer in the our free country.

That not how people think today. Everybody is stealing, scheming, agenda. Selfiness.

America has lost its soul because of GREED.

Think about this:

The mentality for the American people and soliders is we just stopped EVIL group of people. So America had good character we did the right thing. Nobody cared about how rich somebody was and the only people that actually changed the future was the dreamers. Most Americans valued their famalies and personal free time. That's the mentaity I saw growing up.

Govt Workers were also very responsible they would do what is best for the American people or country. They kept millionaires in check and veterans were are our heros not some guy that makes billion dollars daytrading.
Today I think the Govt represents over 50% of the workforce collecting pensions and healthcare. The Govt is the #1 employer in the our free country.

That not how people think today. Everybody is stealing, scheming, agenda. Selfiness.

America has lost its soul because of GREED.

That there is some rose colored glasses if I have ever seen any, and some pretty strong conclusions drawn.

Think about this:

America had good character, but do you know who had better character? The European countries that fought the Axis power. The US, at the point, kept black soldiers in separate companies, something that European forces were surprised as they had integrated units. The US were still in the age of Jim Crow laws after the war and it took many years before some semblance of equality to be put in place.

It's easy to say that the past was all good and rosy when it's written by people in power with no perspective from those who were oppressed within their own country.

Btw the US spent several years fighting wars in Asia, committing atrocious war crimes in Vietnam and nearly pushed the Korean War to WWIII. Yeah the US came out as a good guy in WWII only to end up as a questionable participant in several wars afterwards.

America had good character, but do you know who had better character? The European countries that fought the Axis power. The US, at the point, kept black soldiers in separate companies, something that European forces were surprised as they had integrated units. The US were still in the age of Jim Crow laws after the war and it took many years before some semblance of equality to be put in place.

It's easy to say that the past was all good and rosy when it's written by people in power with no perspective from those who were oppressed within their own country.

Btw the US spent several years fighting wars in Asia, committing atrocious war crimes in Vietnam and nearly pushed the Korean War to WWIII. Yeah the US came out as a good guy in WWII only to end up as a questionable participant in several wars afterwards.

Agree 100%

Yeah. That really sucked of us when we invaded the peace loving nation of North Korea.

Yeah. That really sucked of us when we invaded the peace loving nation of North Korea.

There was nothing wrong with defending South Korea from North Korea. It's the decision to push north all the way up to the Chinese border knowing that this would result in a direct response from China that was a bad decision. The US got too greedy but luckily the military had enough common sense to kick MacArthur to the curb before he started a nuclear war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back