One Canal (formerly Greenway Center) | Bullfinch Triangle | West End

No pics (still don't know how to post) but it's all fenced off and dug up.

I take back all the nasty things I've thought about this development. Now that it's almost finished looks good and fills a space, that I hope will be soon complemented by the Govt. Center garage redevelopment.

I can remember back when bigdig.com was around there was a video showing what was supposed to be developed on all the parcels along the Greenway, and in it they had a small 10 or so story building going up on that triangular site.

Great to have you back here, BeeLine!

Yeah, a park with benches and lots of trees would do well at Valenti Sq. Valenti Way and Beverly Street should be narrowed by at least one lane to make it feel more connected to the new street walls coming up. Right now, if you plopped down some benches there, it would feel like an island pressed up against all the traffic on North Washington Street.

Also, here's a fun trip through the Google Street View Time Machine to July 2011 before any work had started on this development.

Crappy photo from an iPhone in a moving vehicle, but I hadn't seen this at night yet or any night shots on the Forum. It may be hard to tell, but it looks pretty cool at night.
26993089755_4654ad71d9_k.jpg
[/url]IMG_8159 by laramaro[/IMG]

Need a bit of that atop Millennium Tower.... once the current cycle is complete.

First of all, I love it. But also, I kind if of think there's something to be said about having a beautifully executed tower that doesn't need any artificial lights in order to stand out. With all the new towers that are lit up in boston, it's almost shelling point that millennium tower is without lights and is still one of the most desirable places to live in boston

Walked around the building on my way to check out Merano and friends. I was surprised at how high up the floor of the retail sits in relation to the sidewalk, especially on Beverly St. It's at least 1m elevated from the ground. I'm curious to see what'll go in here and how it will/won't activate this corner.

In the meantime, what do people think of how they treated the MBTA power station they had to build around? It feels lazy to me but maybe they made the best of it?...

It is a smidge lazy I guess, but Ill take it. To be honest I worked loading docks in years past and trucks back into them, swinging doors smack into things, pallet jacks smack into the building, shit spills everywhere...basically the immediate structure gets the shit kicked out of it over time. Not sure exactly what type of loading/unloading occurs here but the area directly around the garage I can understand not being made out of brick. The rest....its better than it used to be so Im cool with it.

I always wondered if that dock was even ever used seeing as how high it is off street level.

Back