One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

I imagine red was chosen as a homage to the historic brick color most of Old-Boston is built from.

The Langham used the same bright red as an accent. I doubt it's a purposeful homage but they will play together nicely if/when the red comes back following the hotel's renovation.

Tlbos-ext-rgb.jpg

Image: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langham_Hotel_Boston

I agree, though it'd be interesting to see what some alternatives might have looked like. I'd have been a fan of deep green in homage to the Celtics, or Black & Gold for the Bruins, etc., as possibilities. I'm not even a big sports fan; I just like the civic aspect. But I definitely agree that bold red is better than plain box.

Given that it is red, I'm guessing you're not much of a Boston baseball fan, eh? 😂

Last edited:
From that vantage point, it will be interesting to see how well the new reflective glass will blend with the other buildings.

From that vantage point, it will be interesting to see how well the new reflective glass will blend with the other buildings.

This baby ain't gonna be blending in with the neighbors, she's already showing her true colors. She's gonna be a stand out beauty.

Perhaps it's just me (or maybe some COVID delays?) but this seems to be moving at an awfully slow pace. They seem to have been at it for a quite a while but haven't even replaced any of the skin on the backside (at least from these pics). Maybe it is just that this kind of construction goes much slower than new construction?

Perhaps it's just me (or maybe some COVID delays?) but this seems to be moving at an awfully slow pace. They seem to have been at it for a quite a while but haven't even replaced any of the skin on the backside (at least from these pics). Maybe it is just that this kind of construction goes much slower than new construction?

Remember they aren't just replacing the skin on the backside. They demoed the garage and are building additional office space, likely up to the point where they stopped stripping the cladding. It's going to have an extra fat bulge from this view, before reverting to the current proportions (except with buffed out corners so still wider there too) for the upper ~60% of the tower.

Remember they aren't just replacing the skin on the backside. They demoed the garage and are building additional office space, likely up to the point where they stopped stripping the cladding. It's going to have an extra fat bulge from this view, before reverting to the current proportions (except with buffed out corners so still wider there too) for the upper ~60% of the tower.

Thank you for this information. It does make perfect sense then that the re-skinning of the back will take much longer than the front.

This one I am anxious to see more visible progress on - seems the last two or so months has been internal work only

Back