One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

Whoa we took the same exact shot at the same exact time of day, just four days apart

51204319089_472f2c0a56_b.jpg

I'm struggling to imagine how the interior is going to work with this. Are they just going to be very deep window wells with drywall/trim extending from the existing interior wall across the existing window well to the new curtain wall? Is the existing exterior envelope that inefficient that this is still feasible through heating and cooling cost savings? I don't see the point of going through all the trouble here if you're getting the same amount of light in the space..

I'm struggling to imagine how the interior is going to work with this. Are they just going to be very deep window wells with drywall/trim extending from the existing interior wall across the existing window well to the new curtain wall? Is the existing exterior envelope that inefficient that this is still feasible through heating and cooling cost savings? I don't see the point of going through all the trouble here if you're getting the same amount of light in the space..
It appears from the pics that the struts holding up the new curtain wall are attached to the structural framework and that the concrete panels, and thus the old window openings, will be removed as the work progress, increasing the light/space.

It appears from the pics that the struts holding up the new curtain wall are attached to the structural framework and that the concrete panels, and thus the old window openings, will be removed as the work progress, increasing the light/space.

So why not just remove them now like they did on the bottom levels?

So why not just remove them now like they did on the bottom levels?

Check out Posts #619 - 625 of this thread for answer/discussion on this

From info available in the PNF and tower design itself:
1) Upper floors remained tenant-occupied during this renovation
2) Some of the upper floors actually had substantively larger windows to begin with than the lower floors; something I never noticed previously, but that is clear here.

Last edited:
6/3 from Mount Auburn

IMG_0160 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_0212 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_0240 by David Z, on Flickr

DZH22: Do you happen to have older photos from the same vantage point/location, prior to the recladding? That might settle whether or not an additional level (mechanical) was added at the top. The tip of the lower One International Building makes for an excellent 'marker'.

DZH22: Do you happen to have older photos from the same vantage point/location, prior to the recladding? That might settle whether or not an additional level (mechanical) was added at the top. The tip of the lower One International Building makes for an excellent 'marker'.

Didn't think this would be the case, but now that I pull up this older pic it actually looks like it might have gotten taller.

IMG_7339 by David Z, on Flickr

Back