One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

7/26/21
7_26_21 A.jpg

The overclad looks like it matches perfectly with the lower cladding. I cant tell any difference at all.

Yup. The lower half has tiny windows so theyre removing the cladding. The upper half cladding without windows is about the same size as the framed steel anyways when you punch out the windows and frame it out to the new windows. Modern overclad is very high quality and mounted directly to the structure of the building through the old cladding. You wont even notice at all from inside or out, once the old windows come out it frames up all the same and the old cladding is just another hidden layer.

From the site showing the change of the upper floors.

This is the overclad but when the lower floors steel is framed up from the inside its going to look damn near the same as this.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great photos posted today, kz.

Man, if there's one project in this city that I wish would just hurry up and be done, it's this one. From one of my frequent vantage points, it looks like a giant chunk of the 1980s is floating in Boston. That lost its novelty about 3 months ago.

Thanks for the great photos posted today, kz.

Man, if there's one project in this city that I wish would just hurry up and be done, it's this one. From one of my frequent vantage points, it looks like a giant chunk of the 1980s is floating in Boston. That lost its novelty about 3 months ago.

I just wonder if the opaque glassification of so many buildings is losing its novelty also. It's great as a changeup, and I like it here - because it IS a changeup in Post Office Square - but in areas where these things are virtually next to each other (cough...cough... Seaport and Raffles/Hancock) it tends to "anonymize" neighborhoods.

Glass works best in a neighborhood as the Jelly to the Peanut Butter. Jelly on Jelly is just.....

Maybe some further diversifications.

Back