Our Lady of Good Voyage | Seaport Sq Parcel H | 55 - 57 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

^I could be wrong, but maybe it's not a bell, but a speaker for an electronic carillon. It doesn't have the structure or support to be much of bell that would be rung with a rope or electric hammer.

It is a real bell! says the Boston Pilot (Boston Archdiocese's newsweekly). My guess is that the brass is 255 pounds and the mounting and actuator adds the other ~200 (article swags the whole weight at 500lbs)
Speaking with The Pilot Jan. 26, Deborah Dillon, director of property management for the archdiocese, said the bell was made by The Verdin Company of Ohio, the same company that restored the bells recently installed at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross. The bell, which weighs around 500 pounds, was shipped to the archdiocese only a few weeks ago, and was kept in storage until it was blessed.

The bell is expected to be installed this month on the frame of Our Lady of Good Voyage Chapel, which is currently under construction at the intersection of Seaport Boulevard and Sleeper Street and will be the first Catholic church to be built in the city of Boston in more than 50 years.

Installed Feb 12th:
the bell for the new Our Lady of Good Voyage Chapel in South Boston was lifted 45 feet into the air and installed in the unfinished building's frame Feb. 12.[...]A ground breaking ceremony for the new Seaport Chapel, which will stand at the intersection of Seaport Boulevard and Sleeper Street, was held in November 2014. However, due to a legal challenge affecting the larger Seaport area development plan, work did not begin on the chapel until this past August.

Ken Colgate, director of Construction with WS Development in Chestnut Hill, told The Pilot that the chapel building should be handed over to the archdiocese in the summer of 2016, and could be open to the public by Easter of 2017.
(emphasis mine. I assume that they've got a separate contractor/crew/artisans for interior fit-out)

Anyone seen Andrei Rublev?

roub24pst.jpg

Andrei%2BRublev%2B17.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh Darn or something like that -- I was hoping that the Bell tower would be left as framework with just the bell hanging in the sky

They built that office building quick, considering steel was just starting to go up two weeks ago..

Back