Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_6028.jpg

weird sunset today (at about noontime, probably)

Let the record show, that at 10:59am on Saturday, December 6, 2008, "TheBostonBoy" called a picture that included Northeastern's Parcel 19 project "amazing"

Woah hey! I wasn't talking about that dang it! Haha let the record show, thebostonboy was referring to the sky and the contrast between the city and sky. Damn

wife's got talent

and castevens, nice shot (as always)

Thanks kennedy

And I agree -- statler's wife's got talent. Photographic talent I mean. *awkward pause*

And today's picture:

DSC_6044copy.jpg

Things I like: The car turning out of the parking lot (lower right)
The plane leaving Logan (middle right - the streak heading for the buildings)

It started getting dim around three today. Not. Acceptable.

Does Northeastern have any plans for that atrocious surface lot?

Underground parking with a stadium above. The money is already in a fund and a schematic design completed. However, every neighborhood NIMBY group from Roxbury, Mission Hill, East Fenway, and the South End is pimping a grudge against the construction of a stadium there.

Noise and traffic are considered a big deal. No matter that there used to be two baseball stadiums there before the unviersity, along with breweries, a cement plant, chemical/drug plant, noisy rail lines, and Ruggles is there to soak up 90% of any traffic. NIMBYism and neighborhood extortion of an institution at it's finest. Wentworth is going to hit the same wall when the redevelopment of the old Brewery complex next to Mission Main finally gets going as well. Everyone has a hand out for a payoff and doesn't give a damn about expanses of wasteland. It's all about what's in it for them.

Was the rendering good, or did it look fairly blah like the rest of NEU?

Some shots from the Financial District from last week:

Federal Street:

Bedford Street:

Towers in Boston:

i could swear cast took this exact same photo a few days ago...

well it isnt the exact same, in cast's theres a cloud, headlights in different places, the orange line train. thats weird.

To answer a previous question about the Hancock Tower - the middle floors are dark because they were Hill Holiday's space.

Back when the 'Boston good old boys network' owned the building, Jack Connors got to keep his ad agency in prime, high-luxury offices at the Hancock Tower at a discount. Once the building traded hands and an NYC firm took over, they jacked up rents to the normal market level and Hill Holiday fled to more generic and cheaper space downtown.

My good friends are working on a re-positioning campaign for the Hancock Tower, I'll post some images once he gives me the approvals - there are some cool changes in the works over there. Some of which has been publicized and some of which has not.

To answer a previous question about the Hancock Tower - the middle floors are dark because they were Hill Holiday's space.

Back when the 'Boston good old boys network' owned the building, Jack Connors got to keep his ad agency in prime, high-luxury offices at the Hancock Tower at a discount. Once the building traded hands and an NYC firm took over, they jacked up rents to the normal market level and Hill Holiday fled to more generic and cheaper space downtown.

My good friends are working on a re-positioning campaign for the Hancock Tower, I'll post some images once he gives me the approvals - there are some cool changes in the works over there. Some of which has been publicized and some of which has not.

Do you know what building Hill Holiday is at now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back