Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Awesome handiwork, Bos77. Makes me wanna wear rose-colored glasses every time I go out.

4380619213_d3547081b5_b.jpg

Haha, I'm afraid the truth is much more mundane.

Banksy-esque. Change "garbage" to "grafitti" and cut the "not."

I like to imagine instead of "garbage" it says "carriage", some remnant from a century ago.

If they stop halfway with the windows, they can pretend like it was on purpose.

The baby bump building would have looked much better with the same facade on an ordinary box imo. I know its because the design called for more office space in the lower floors but id say setbacks and a taller height would have made up for that.

That little triangular plaza should be glassed in and turned into winter gardens or something. They are useless as outdoor spaces unless you need to park.

2041953680_7588c73bb2_b.jpg

Or maybe if public officials were made to stop parking there, it would seem like a more inviting public space.

Alas, even medieval town squares in Europe are used as ad hoc parking lots.

That little triangular plaza should be glassed in and turned into winter gardens or something. They are useless as outdoor spaces unless you need to park.

That's actually kind of brilliant. I could definitely see some sort of public botanical garden set up in there. The concrete already looks so fluid, it would probably make sense to have quite a few water elements. Only issue might be that the space is too large for glass, and I think that if the separation between the street and the garden is too "solid," it would be totally ineffective as anything other than a winter lunch spot for government employees.

You could do a lot with that building, it is just so funky! It fails as government offices, it could be a really cool hotel though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back