Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy2.jpg
boston harbor

Washington Square on marathon Monday through the crappy lens of an iPhone...

Today was one of few 70 degree California days I would have given up to be back in Boston. Well, Brookline, actually.

4582302128_a48a646e5c_b.jpg

Never too late for a Fall photo.

EDIT: Messed around with the Flickr photo editor! How's this?

4584406696_e2de7219dd_o.jpg

:)

Last edited:
4581675627_44c044cc60_b.jpg

I've always felt like this was a good one (minus the trash barrel).

EDIT: How's this?:

4585376752_7cb12a0077_o.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, but isn't there a threat to abolish the entire mounted unit?

I heard (could be a rumor) that private funding from some Beacon Hill residents was provided in order to keep them.

The BPD mounted unit has been disbanded, that's a park ranger.

The Park Rangers have had their mounted unit's budget zeroed out for next year. The mayor and city council don't seem to notice that New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, you know 'world class' cities, keep mounted units for very important and practical reasons.

Regarding the Boston Police's mounted unit, which was the oldest on the continent: The few hundred thousand dollars ($600,000) a year the city was expected to pick up after donations from various groups was just too expense a burden for the city to bare. But rest assured, City Council President Mike Ross *promises* the unit will return when the funds become available. I assume it'll appear around the same time as his 'integrity'.

Ok, so, apparently editing, replacing, moving, etc destroyed my pics linked above. Ehem, so, here's another...

4581675021_02b4de57dd_o.jpg

When was that taken? I didn't realize they kept the skating open through spirng...

I'm going to guess November or early December -- late fall, not spring. The trees are shedding leaves, not budding.

It was late November, the first weekend open for the season.

Here's a couple recent pictures now that I have a lot more uploaded, one month to the day these were taken.

4586765796_e1c5b4452e_b.jpg

4586763306_b6503de635_b.jpg

They banned texting while driving... but not taking photos while driving...

I shot this basically accidently, just put the camera up in my windshield, clicked and prayed something nice would come out...

ZakimAwesome.jpg

Awesome! At first, I thought the bottom one was actually a reflection in the Hancock glass.

Malibu Beach - Dorchester. That is the Dorchester Yacht Club in the Foreground. Ronan Park in the Background.

Great Pic,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back