Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That storm was intense... Mulch was whipping all over the place at work. Shopping carts were flipping over and rolling onto Rt 1. Crazy.

Banksy in Boston? Looks like the local talent has already gotten into the act:

banksy_boston.jpg

Is that the one on Essex in Chinatown? There's supposedly another on Essex St. in Central Sq. Wild theories about why he's so into "Essex".

I saw that the other day! Great piece. Kind of unexpected in Boston. Refreshing because it's not Banksy or Fairey.

Repressed suburban kid from Essex County?

I thought it was Banksy? These appeared as part of a North America tour to promote the docu about his life and work. He's British so it's probably a reference to something "Essex" over there?

Oh, my bad, I thought Briv said it wasn't Banksy. It would have been wicked impressive for a local artist. I flipped through some book of his work, and this does look almost exactly like his style. He doesn't have a signature, does he?

EDIT: According to Google, it was Banksy. Here's a link.

EDIT2: Oh. Right. "Local Talent" equals the scrawl to the right of the "Banksy." Oops.

Didn't Pierce take a picture just like that awhile back?

Didn't Pierce take a picture just like that awhile back?

I'm not sure who it was, but I saw something similar in the 2009 awards section. I think it was of State Street. I loved it. Unfortunately, not quite as much paint here.

These things are inadvertent works of art. I love them. Is there a formal name for the markings?

I saw some more of these markings today at the intersection of Tremont and Beacon/School Streets today. They're pretty fresh because I never saw them earlier this month. There weren't all that much, but there was a variety of colors. The green lines might be for Green Line utilities?

If anyone would is near there, snap a picture? :) I didn't have my camera. ;(

Haha kennedy, either your vBulletin settings are off or we're in different time zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back