Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gaaawd, that MacAllen picture is simply fantabulous! It's awesome. If only that building were, say, in the Greenway Center parcel.

4421143527_3d11049dea_b.jpg

Nice! I agree about the clouds. The time of day and the amount of clouds can make or break a picture.

Yesterday a cloudy day at logan
197.jpg
city hall plaza needs some hieght
198-2.jpg
East Boston skyline
209-3.jpg

Both those vistas want to be European in the worst way but each are flawed just enough to fail.

Did the Darth Vader building replace a parking lot? I think someone posted pics here at some point. But honestly, it's an embarrassment. Can we have a do over?

Yes, blade_bltz, the Macallen building replaced what was a parking lot. If it was something way before then, I don't know.

Did the Darth Vader building replace a parking lot? I think someone posted pics here at some point. But honestly, it's an embarrassment. Can we have a do over?
Are you thinking of the one in Back Bay?

Yes, blade_bltz, the Macallen building replaced what was a parking lot. If it was something way before then, I don't know.
So many Darth Vader buildings ...

Yep, was thinking of the one in Back Bay. That's Boylston @ Exeter.

Many Darth Vader buildings indeed. The proposed glass stub at the Pru is also a candidate.

Near Kenmore along the Charles last weekend:

bostonwalk18.jpg

Last edited:
The formal name is 'One Exeter Place' but someone (maybe Robert Campbell in the Globe?) quickly called it the 'Darth Vader Building' and it's had that nickname ever since. The building's owners even made fun of that name themselves with a window display, though I can't remember when that was.

AdamBC said:
Mass Ave @ Storrow Drive last weekend:

Is it me or aren't you a mile away from Mass Ave in that pic? Cool perspective, though -- it manages to feel isolated despite all the signs of life.

Where the South Bay ends (or at least gets driven underground):

4433299039_b12b72e3ef_b.jpg

Is it me or aren't you a mile away from Mass Ave in that pic? Cool perspective, though -- it manages to feel isolated despite all the signs of life.

Correct, I was near Kenmore at that point. I forgot how far I wandered along the Charles.

yesterday
2444.jpg
I wish the puddle was bigger! I actually was'nt even aware of the puddle until I uploaded the pixs,this is why I luv digital camera's you can almost always find a pix even when takeing while motoring,where as with film u were lucky if you got 2-3 decent picture's out of a roll of 36 and I would never would have been able to get 95% pixs I take and post with my old 35mm >original pix
244.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back