Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part IV (2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
june2011bostonmafuturel.jpg

5855098059_d851042b85_z.jpg

Call the Supervisor"

So I am snapping away at this "Puddle" when 3 security guards from State Street bank all look over at me. One of the females gets on her radio and radios for the supervisor. I was late for work and really was not up for a confrontation so I left the area. What a bunch of jokers.
A. I was not on their property.
B. I was taking a photo of a puddle and not their building and
C. I hate security Guards : )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/5855098059/in/photostream

Call the Supervisor"

So I am snapping away at this "Puddle" when 3 security guards from State Street bank all look over at me. One of the females gets on her radio and radios for the supervisor. I was late for work and really was not up for a confrontation so I left the area. What a bunch of jokers.
A. I was not on their property.
B. I was taking a photo of a puddle and not their building and
C. I hate security Guards : )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/5855098059/in/photostream

Keep preachin' it: Photography is NOT a crime.

Is this bridge going to be replaced someday?

june2011bostonmabridgeb.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this bridge currently sets the limit for boats that can enter the Charles, doesn't it? (it no longer opens?)

If it was at least as high as the Green Line viaduct or opened up still then only the Green Line would be setting the cap?

As far as I know, this bridge is inoperable -- at least, I've never seen it opened.

The Charlestown Bridge is too structurally defficient to open. I doubt the gearbox is in any kind of shape to operate either.

That Shorpy photo is great for showing so many wonderful buildings now lost in time. The Boston & Lowell Railroad Station, Fiske Building on State Street, St. Mary's Church in the North End, the original Post Office in Post Office Square, the Mutual Life Building's spire in Post Office Square, etc.

From last night. Please don't comment on my camera's exposure problems, thanks.

IMG_8227.jpg

IMG_8290.jpg

IMG_8287.jpg

Check out the back left corner of South Station for this gem...

IMG_8939.jpg

^ Cool!

I've only seen the version of that image without the Burj Dubai (when Taipei 101 was the tallest)!

That could be Boston!

Look! I see Chiofaro's "frame"/arch thingy front and center.

Look! I see Chiofaro's "frame"/arch thingy front and center.

That is located in La Defense in Paris. However, it would be very "Boston" to have an arch originally proposed near 700' to end up being built at like 350'... also fatter.....

That is located in La Defense in Paris. However, it would be very "Boston" to have an arch originally proposed near 700' to end up being built at like 350'... also fatter.....

It's too bad with what happened with La Grande Arche de la Défense. Built in 1989 and already needing a +1 million Euro elevator modernization because they're unsafe. The top had the museum of video games, computer museum, and a great observatory, all closed since April 2010. It is in the process of being converted into offices.

...Hancock, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back