Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part IV (2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Near Fort Point Channel

6277053889_b0dce245fd_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/6277053889/in/photostream

Tremont Street facing the Common.

Above the McDonald's.

I wonder if this building used to be taller. Sure seems like it.

IMG02048-20111026-1631.jpg

Tremont Street facing the Common.

Above the McDonald's.

I wonder if this building used to be taller. Sure seems like it.

It was a theater. Mr. Newman will probably be here later to give you the history.

I don't know of any disused theatres on Tremont Street. What is the address of this building?

I love the shape of the profile of the bricks. Definitely used to be another story on that building with a set back and ornamental detailing.

I've never actually looked up at the McD's building. I'm always just rushing in and out.

Ron, 146 Tremont is the address.

Is the building the bricks are on 150 Tremont/Suffolk Dorms?

EDIT: nvm, there's no McDonald's nextdoor, so no.

Based on my pics from yesterday, I will be working on a thread called "Vertical Boston". While every pic won't necessarily be the following type, there will certainly be a nice helping of them!

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

Never protest a building with teeth...

IMG_0902.jpg

Last edited:
I friggin love these dzh. Looking up is my fav skyscraper vantage point. I might run these thru the rasterbator and make some wall prints!

Btw that 60 State photo is my fav of those.

Last edited:
Looking up is my fav skyscraper vantage point.

You might like the Hancock ones I posted, and I have more stuff to come. (maybe, if I stop being lazy)

I think the 60 State Street one is the best of those too. Let me know if you end up doing something with it.

Sorry for the flood. I have way more of these, and if I don't post some now, I will never post them. Case in point, I am currently sitting on over 10,000 pics I took from this year alone, including thousands of Boston (in/around the city and tons of views from the burbs), some sweet Worcester ones (went up some parking garages), other random towns in the area (Maynard is surprising and amazing), Providence, the White Mountains, just soooooo much... I took too many pics and didn't want to go through all of them! So, that's my excuse ;)

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

Last edited:
Hancock is always the one to use as the gold standard -- ok siliver standard

Although I like quite a few of the big old brick walls that just go up and up -- especially the ones with color changes such as the downtown Hilton on Broad St. -- ""Designed by the artist and architect Harold Field Kellogg, the 14-story art deco gem is known for its innovative use of color, texture and height. Thirty-eight shades of brick comprise the exterior, beginning with a dark brown at the base and progressing to a light buff at the top. The shaded brick creates an enhanced sense of height and light, lending the impression that the sun is always shining on the building."

I'm also partial to churches with tall steeples and towers such as New Old South and Old North

Couple more before I go to work

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

(I love the Fed, can you tell?)

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

6310011856_7007d64602_b.jpg

I was walking to my car last night and I looked over and saw that the Coast Guard building was lit up. For the 11 years I have worked in Boston it has NEVER been lit up. LOL

So I figured it had to be something special. They Are filming a movie called R.I.P.D and are filming in and around Boston. - I had no tripod so these are all Hand Held with my DSLR. Hope ya like em. - Greg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/6310011856/in/photostream

A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him.
!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back