Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part V (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More "Vertical Boston"

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

The old Tremont view looks like a present-day architectural render. Everyone frolicking around happily, playing with their dog in the street even. I call bullshit.

This is through a screen but I did the best I could with it

IMG_3298.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice pics, guys! Thanks for posting! As much as I love em all, my favorite is with the Zakim in the foreground!

ok guys i have a request for a picture of the day... I'm re-writing the wikipedia article for the ICA and have discovered that at one time it was housed in a modernist building in what is now the Christina A Herter Park off Soldiers Field Road. It was apparently one of the first real modernist buildings in Boston but I have no idea what it looks like. i know it is still standing and I can see it on google maps from above but that is it. If anyone can take a picture or two of it and put them on wikipedia i would be forever indebted to you.

Trying out the new camera. Basically the first time I've used it at night.

6907874603_faa6a4e5b2_b.jpg

Trying out the new camera. Basically the first time I've used it at night.

Nice shot of Boston's creepiest sacred landmark. I take my out-of-town guests up there to peep the view and take in the Pyongyang-meets-Republic of Gilead vibe.

The nursing home
on the opposite side of Orient Avenue is one of the best International Style buildings in Greater Boston (I wish I knew more about its history and architect). The influence of Aalto and Corbu are in evidence. The small chapel is particularly stunning.

Yup, Everett!

What do you mean send it to you? The URL or the file or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back