Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

[
https://flic.kr/p/2frDoNh

I do like this condo building but I think the developers missed a big opportunity to do something fun and memorable here at their new park, whether a statue of a giant Cod, or Lobster, either just as is, or as part of a water feature! Was the perfect spot for such an aquatic theme.

Also, I have a question. You can just see the apartment tower at the Congress St. Garage rising up between the two condo buildings of Harbor Towers, any guesses as to how tall the new tower will rise when completed from this same vantage point?

^^The tower has reached about just slightly below of 50% of its total height.

i think 1/2 of the occupied floors are up, so double + the mechanical screen.

I do like this condo building but I think the developers missed a big opportunity to do something fun and memorable here at their new park, whether a statue of a giant Cod, or Lobster, either just as is, or as part of a water feature! Was the perfect spot for such an aquatic theme.

Perhaps they didn't want to do something fun and memorable. After all, if they did that, the public might actually utilize the park. Adding to maintenance costs and reducing the residents' privacy.
I guess I'm feeling cynical today....

Perhaps they didn't want to do something fun and memorable. After all, if they did that, the public might actually utilize the park. Adding to maintenance costs and reducing the residents' privacy.
I guess I'm feeling cynical today....

Not a need to be cynical at all. On nice days, the existing harbor walk and spaces get plenty of foot traffic. No reason to believe this will be any different.

I still would have preferred a darker shade of brick, but the form and details are well executed. Alvar Aalto would be pleased.

Any idea when this is opening? Now that the weather is nicer I’d like to walk around the Harborwalk in front of the building.

Was in town this past weekend and, with my partner and brother, had dinner then walked around the Seaport and along the Harbor Walk. After having seen the Pier 4 Condo in person, for the first time since last summer, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this building, that the final addition of the balconies (unusual to say the least with one side solid the other glass, which fits so well) and the beautiful wood trim which really dresses up the light finish of the skin. A real nice addition to the Seaport.
Also, the restaurants were packed everywhere (had a tough time getting reservations anywhere, finally got in at Rosa Mexicana), Taiyaki NYC, the Japanese style Ice Cream place was mobbed, lines out the door out to the street, and the Harbor Walk, so beautifully lit up! I consider the Seaport a huge success in so many ways, it's an amazing addition to the city! Other than Stick, I'm the Seaport's biggest fan!

Is this real wood? I hope not...stained wood exposed to exterior elements almost never ages well.

I like 95% of it. If only the beige were slightly different. Makes it look like a concrete commie block.

Was in town this past weekend and, with my partner and brother, had dinner then walked around the Seaport and along the Harbor Walk. After having seen the Pier 4 Condo in person, for the first time since last summer, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this building, that the final addition of the balconies (unusual to say the least with one side solid the other glass, which fits so well) and the beautiful wood trim which really dresses up the light finish of the skin. A real nice addition to the Seaport.
Also, the restaurants were packed everywhere (had a tough time getting reservations anywhere, finally got in at Rosa Mexicana), Taiyaki NYC, the Japanese style Ice Cream place was mobbed, lines out the door out to the street, and the Harbor Walk, so beautifully lit up! I consider the Seaport a huge success in so many ways, it's an amazing addition to the city! Other than Stick, I'm the Seaport's biggest fan!

Glad you enjoyed your time! I love the Seaport, though it doesn't mean that I am not critical of certain projects (e.g., Gables) when it comes to building design and/or quality (tough love, perhaps?). As for this project, I think the wood really helps add warmth to this building and the exterior quality certainly appears to be high quality. A lot of extra work had to be done to achieve the trapezoidal shape of the building rather than having the broad sides of the building just come down vertically straight.

As an aside.. sorry you had to dine at Rosa Mexicano.. probably a reason why that place was available. :lol:

This didn't do much for me until the wood. It's going to get beat to hell out there but it adds the color this project needs to come to life.

I would assume a high end condo would have a maintenance budget sufficient to keep that wood from rotting and well polished.

I would assume a high end condo would have a maintenance budget sufficient to keep that wood from rotting and well polished.

Gonna have to be a high maintenance budget, and for a while. Think how this will look in 20-30-50 years. It looks fantastic today, but this is right on the waters edge

This is going to be one of if not the highest $/sq ft in the city isnt it? The HOA fees were going to be thru the roof regardless. The residents dont care, they have the $$$

Back