Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

Not sure if these two renderings have been posted - gives you a sense of some of the finishes they're going for:

CfPfLqTl.jpg

tdA59Qll.jpg

Thanks for the pics Beeline! This is shaping up to be a really unique building.

^ I think those diagonal columns in those end units are going to look badass. Hopefully they're left exposed to be part of the character of the units.

If your talking about the diagonal columns on the side facing away from the water they will be.

1580_big.jpg

TishmanSpeyer_Pier4_EXT_Entry.jpg

The columns in the units will be as well so I guess that answers it.

TishmanSpeyer_Pier4_EXT_Hero.0.jpg

Hell might as well throw up a couple others while Im at it.

TishmanSpeyer_Pier4_Promenade__1_.0.jpg

Pier-4-Phases-Two-Three-Office-Residential-Restaurant-Retail-Development-South-Boston-Waterfront-Seaport-District-Tishman-Speyer-Turner-Construction.jpg

180922_PIER4_5-1200x705.jpg

Last edited:
The site of Anthony’s Pier 4 will become home to a new restaurant in the (not too distant) future. Kristin Canty, owner-operator of Concord’s Woods Hill Table, known for its farm-to-table dishes, will open the unnamed-as-yet spot on the ground floor of PIER 4, a nine-story residential building at the Anthony’s Pier 4 site.

Like in Concord, food here will be sourced from The Farm at Woods Hill, Canty’s New Hampshire farm. The space has 140 seats including a raw bar, plus a 40-seat patio. Canty hopes to decorate with items from the old Anthony’s to pay homage to the space.

This building is a breath of fresh air amidst the otherwise numbingly homogenous seaport

(I say this with hopes that other key developments will also provide the much needed diversity: M block, D block, etc)
(...and in acknowledgement that the ICA, district hall, and the new chapel also help with this)

This building is a breath of fresh air amidst the otherwise numbingly homogenous seaport

(I say this with hopes that other key developments will also provide the much needed diversity: M block, D block, etc)
(...and in acknowledgement that the ICA, district hall, and the new chapel also help with this)

Yeah, give it some time for the Seaport to continue filling out. I don't think the glass cubes will stick out quite as much once a few more projects get completed over the next 3-5yrs. And at least the ones there now are in different colors.

As an aside, I hear the Seaport being called homogeneous every so often but I'm not sure if that, in itself, is the big issue. After all, I could argue that the buildings in Fort Point look more or less the same (square and brick), ditto with Beacon Hill. The bigger "problems," in my opinion, were the large parcel sizes, FAA height restrictions, and land cost. It pretty much made large square boxes at max allowable height predictable. Credit is due to more recent public scrutiny, pushes for more varied designs, and at least the illusion of groups of smaller buildings (e.g., Echelon).

Luckily the best is yet to come... and in this case under construction.

I've said this before - I wish with the East Boston and Seaport developments there was some estuary restoration... wouldn't have to be huge but just restoring some mud flats and marsh instead of retaining all the piers' abrupt endings in the water. One project in Eastie I think has a little of this, but not enough. I think as long as a certain point of contact with the water isn't going to be used for docking, this should be considered.

Back