Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

As someone who has watched several developments go up in the area over the last number of years (yes, mostly glass), I almost forget how much more time and effort it takes to frame up and install this type of facade vs. a glass or mostly glass one. I can appreciate the work.

So, this pic seems to show the whole harbor-facing side of the condo building to be glassed in or is the insulation reflecting light? In some of the above pics taken, balconies on this same side are clearly shown but in this pic, none show. What am I missing?

There are no balconies facing the end of the pier, balconies are only on the long sides. The balconies you saw before were the end of the floor plates that have been glassed in.

The glass front actually looks pretty cool in person. I don't think the camera totally captured it.

There are no balconies facing the end of the pier, balconies are only on the long sides. The balconies you saw before were the end of the floor plates that have been glassed in.

Hows that? Double skin wall? If so than ... wow. If not than ... how?

Ok, so, what looks like it would be a balcony is really part of the interior of the condo which is now completely enclosed by a curtain wall. Is the enclosed room a sort of a small, glassed in room similar to a Florida Room or an all-season sun room?

From what I've seen of the floorplans the living rooms are large and go right to the curtain wall that's just been installed. The walls that were shown in the earlier photos are just temporary.

From what I've seen of the floorplans the living rooms are large and go right to the curtain wall that's just been installed. The walls that were shown in the earlier photos are just temporary.

^ This is the correct answer.

Also, Beeline's most recent set of photos show the detailing in the glass facade quite nicely

Thanks guys for the info! Spectacular views through that beautiful curtain wall but, frankly, views like those units will have, overlooking Boston Harbor, deserve an expansive balcony.

Thanks guys for the info! Spectacular views through that beautiful curtain wall but, frankly, views like those units will have, overlooking Boston Harbor, deserve an expansive balcony.

Not quite the same, but the units in the front that have views of the harbor are large enough that they also include the first balcony (in fact, the most expensive ones will include 2 balconies) that will stick out from the side of the building. Each unit regardless of location in the building will have a balcony. Also, units on penthouse floors get rooftop terraces.

In other words,...I'm sure they'll make do just fine.

Not quite the same, but the units in the front that have views of the harbor are large enough that they also include the first balcony (in fact, the most expensive ones will include 2 balconies) that will stick out from the side of the building. Each unit regardless of location in the building will have a balcony. Also, units on penthouse floors get rooftop terraces.

surprisingly a very civil discussion erupted here, congrats we won the internet today!

Yeah its interesting that this building and others near it on Fan Pier have all featured the views across the Fort Point Channel to Rowes Wharf and the shawmut waterfront, rather than featuring the (inferior) views directly across the harbor to Jeffries Point & the airport

Back