Pier 4 Office Building | 140 Northern Ave | Seaport

Re: Pier 4 Office Tower | 140 Northern Ave | Seaport

I'm going to guess he's stroking it to the fantasy that logan wasn't there and the seaport wasn't so height restricted.

Some people only care about the skyline and don't seem to care about the human scale, street level, which is a vastly more important experience.

^ But muh highest and bestest uses! Highest always equal bestest.

By the way ... post any picture included on that article of a building you think is well designed. I counted ... zero. Sure ...tall ... but horrible.

cca

I love that this thread says "tower" in the headline like this isn't some office box.

^youre not wrong, but maybe ease up on the negativity. We've all said it ourselves or heard it 100 times before

There is a strange tendency to try to stop criticism of certain things on this forum. It seems to come from an idea that we don't really have a right to want better for our city and ultimately those who profit from developing our city should have free reign to destroy it if they want. Sometimes negativity is necessary.

Agreed this is not a tower. But it's clean, new, and helps this space full in appropriately.

I'm a big fan of big, mature trees being planted. Seaport needs TONS of these ASAP.

Agreed this is not a tower. But it's clean, new, and helps this space full in appropriately.

Clean? It's as sterile as an operating room.

I'm positively negative all the time.

There is a strange tendency to try to stop criticism of certain things on this forum. It seems to come from an idea that we don't really have a right to want better for our city and ultimately those who profit from developing our city should have free reign to destroy it if they want. Sometimes negativity is necessary.

You haven't posted in 3 years. Then you show up and threadshit the Charlestown thread until it had to be locked. That is 100% on you. Don't start polluting other threads now and talking about how there is something wrong with everyone else.

Keep it on-topic. Whatever it is you are trying to stir up here has nothing at all to with Pier 4, so let it go.

You haven't posted in 3 years. Then you show up and threadshit the Charlestown thread until it had to be locked. That is 100% on you. Don't start polluting other threads now and talking about how there is something wrong with everyone else.

Keep it on-topic. Whatever it is you are trying to stir up here has nothing at all to with Pier 4, so let it go.

Yeah I'm in a conspiracy to ruin this board and apparently disagreements are entirely the fault of one side of them. Is your problem really that you just disagree with what I am saying? At least 4 others were involved in that argument blaming that 100% on me is pretty ridiculous.

Several threads where people have criticized the terrible urbanism and architecture in the seaport its been weirdly brushed aside why is pointing that out such a problem to you?

Last edited:

Yeah I'm in a conspiracy to ruin this board and apparently disagreements are entirely the fault of one side of them. Is your problem really that you just disagree with what I am saying?

Several threads where people have criticized the terrible urbanism and architecture in the seaport its been weirdly brushed aside why is pointing that out such a problem to you?

Cole, the points you raise are important and there are many of us on here who don't want to brush them aside (in life). But perhaps if you've been away from the board for a while you may have missed the trend that many threads simply get exhausting for people if the architectural on-topic-ness isn't kept in check somewhat (however important the non-architectural topics may be). A suggestion: maybe insert a link to a discussion elsewhere (e.g., outside of the "development projects" area) and encourage others to join you there if they want to discuss further. Part of this just relates to user-experience deficiency of vBulletin, where one must scroll through everything (e.g., if branching and/or collapsing sub-threads were possible, things might go more smoothly).

The grownups showed up just in time to build the Seaport dense and mean, and keep Boston's options open for the future. People complain it isn't the next Beacon Hill w/ a bunch of latter day beige/ brownstones.

Back