Pier 4 Office Building | 140 Northern Ave | Seaport

Re: Pier 4 Office Tower | 140 Northern Ave | Seaport

I believe The Borg have underwritten a substantial amount of these investments through their property development holding company, and they tend to be "hands on" with any project they assimila- I mean manage.

I think we've reached peak glass box. The buildings are starting to blend together into a collection of indistinct cubes.

And one ovoid cylinder.

cca

My my.. look that properly executed glass mechanical crown..

As always, thanks for the pics BeeLine! I will hold my final judgement till the entire pier is done, but as this has been glazed more and more, the more disappointed I am. I understand that it is sandwiched between several buildings and they only had one facade to really "show off" this building, but still....

83rhIqF.jpg

That area was such a postcard view, and the low imagination accountant crowd turned it into The Ice Cube Tray....

Yeah well, just, like, lower your expectations, man.

Huh? When was this?

When it was a train yard ...duh!

cca

ps
cummins-deborah-berke-partners_dezeen_2364_col_10.jpg

This is how you do shifted floorplates by the way. Step one: hire a fantastic desinger. Two: be an owner with some guts. Three: live in Indianapolis (for some reason).

Last edited:

Huh? When was this?

Meaning the location. Its visibility from ships in the harbor. The postcard view.

No doubt, it was a decrepit mess in the past. Now it is a neat, numbing, ice cube tray.

I actually like the side without the staggered floors the best.

Back