Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

Those are piles. The Fenway residents are gonna *love* the many months of pile driving starting at 7 in the morning! I remember the pile driving for the MassArt tower when I lived over there.

CLINK. CLINK. CLINK. CLINK. CLINK. ...

Stupid question. Are piles able to smash through granite boulders are do they have to make sure the ground is somehow clear of them before they start?

Nope. Piles get driven to refusal. (they stop moving). There are always enough to distribute the weight around obstacles.

cca

To quote an overused cliche, this one's a game changer for the area! :D

^It's truly an iconic lipstick on a pig within a plateau of NIMBYs.

Sorry, I'm not very good at this.

To quote an overused cliche, this one's a game changer for the area! :D

I would argue that Trilogy was the game-changer in the neighborhood, it set the standard for all new construction that followed! The Pierce is the beautiful end result of Trilogy.

So these guys didn't have to dig a hole for parking, right? That must help a lot with costs!

Should help speed up construction, too, right?

Yeah, I assume that they'd be able to start putting up above-ground steel once they're done driving the piles. They started driving the piles last month? So when we say 'months' of pile driving, are we talking 2 months to pile for something this tall or upward of 3 or 4 months?

It's been a long time since I've seen/noticed a building not take 6-9 months of prep work for underground parking.

Pierce%20Boston.jpg

Via campionre.com

Last edited:
Can't wait for that shaws and gas station to be redeveloped.

Notable in the render are also the future Landmark development and, I think, the future development to 126 Brookline Ave. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

This is huge for Boston. A new tallest outside downtown/Back Bay.

Oddly enough, the Skanska Boylston st building isn't on there.

Oddly enough, the Skanska Boylston st building isn't on there.

Why would it be? Different developers, different timetable, and for a while doubts whether or not it would even be approved.

Back