Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

It will never look like that. Its a specific angle and a TON of parallax. I still think it will be a nice project however.

cca

Why wouldn't it look like that from that one particular angle? The Hancock tower looks razor thin from certain angles, almost disappears from other angles depending on the condition of the sky.

There is a lot of focal distortion in that rendering making it look a lot slimmer than it will look in real life.

Look at this photo of the massing model from the Fenway thread:

IMG_1252.jpeg

Count the floors on that massing model. It's only a 23-24 story building. Looks like that's still a model of the original proposal?

Not sure this is the current massing? I count 24 on the model, and it is going to 30. :D

Oh um - yeah what he said.

What does everyone think the 109 condos are going to go for? $/sq ft?

What does everyone think the 109 condos are going to go for? $/sq ft?

One bedrooms in basic brownstones have been going for $700-750/sqft in Fenway. I'd guess they're going to ask $850-900/sqft since these will be in a luxury building with amenities, while also being right next to the T.

One bedrooms in basic brownstones have been going for $700-750/sqft in Fenway. I'd guess they're going to ask $850-900/sqft since these will be in a luxury building with amenities, while also being right next to the T.

Sounds about right.

Wrong. Read the page I linked to.

I think you're misunderstanding something. That article talks about rent prices, while we are discussing purchase prices. Price per sqft is a common way to compare prices in a neighborhood since it doesn't depend on their size. For example you could have a 700 sqft unit for $700k and a 500 sqft unit for $500k which would both be the same "price" of $1000/sqft.

No. You're wrong. Read the page I linked to. Scroll to the interactive graphic near the bottom. The purchase price per-square-foot, is thankfully much lower than that.

Imagine if the purchase price per square foot of a one-bedroom was $2100. That would mean an average 900 square-foot one-bedroom would go for ~$2m. That would be insane! Thankfully, you're wrong.

If you want to see this on the micro level rather than the aggregate, go to zillow.com. The nearest non-studio to this parcel that is currently on the market for under $800/month, is a one room sublet in Allston.

Something tells me you haven't been trying to rent apartments, or buy property, in this area for a few years. Your guesses are multiple times removed from reality. Please don't spread misinformation.

Holy crap I don't even want to know what insane extrapolation you're using to come up with those rent --> purchase numbers. Whatever method you're using to come up with $2m is completely flawed.

Here are some properties that are on the market or were recently on:

$529k, 685 sqft = $772/sqft

$399k, 555 sqft = $720/sqft

$399k, 528 sqft = $755/sqft

edit: Those were all 1brs. Here's a 3br that is 1067 sqft and asking $649k which comes to $608/sqft. Bigger units generally have lower prices per square foot since a lot of the value comes from fixed areas like the living room and kitchen, while the additional space generally comes from additional bedrooms.

Last edited:
Holy crap I don't even want to know what insane extrapolation you're using to come up with those rent --> purchase numbers. Whatever method you're using to come up with $2m is completely flawed.

Here are some properties that are on the market or were recently on:

$529k, 685 sqft = $772/sqft

$399k, 555 sqft = $720/sqft

$399k, 528 sqft = $755/sqft

edit: Those were all 1brs. Here's a 3br that is 1067 sqft and asking $649k which comes to $608/sqft. Bigger units generally have lower prices per square foot since a lot of the value comes from fixed areas like the living room and kitchen, while the additional space generally comes from additional bedrooms.

Yes. I was pointing out how ridiculous $2100/sq ft purchase prices would be. I misread which value was being stated as purchase price and which was being stated as rent rate. I was being stupid. My bad! You're right.

^That 3 bedroom is cheap, too, because most of it is in the basement (and rather windowless) and it needs renovation.

I don't imagine the hole will be very deep--there's no underground parking for this project. All parking will be in the existing Trilogy building next door (last I checked). Are they just sticking building's utilities underground?

I don't imagine the hole will be very deep--there's no underground parking for this project. All parking will be in the existing Trilogy building next door (last I checked). Are they just sticking building's utilities underground?

If you drive through the Trilogy garage you can see (temporary?) power being fed from Trilogy over to this site.

There will not be a parking garage. Elevator access will be provided from the Pierce building directly to the Trilogy Garage.

Back