Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

I think it comes down to the fact that:
Chicago is laid out to be a massive city with lots of land to work with.
Boston is a midsized city that is close to build out. Buildings like the Pierce breadground on a monthly basis in Chicago.

On the plus side, the quality of Boston buildings is far higher. Chicago has tons of cheaply built high rises with parking podiums.

Don't forget too that the Great Fires of the 1870's cleared large swathes of buildings and land allowing for more thoughtful grid layouts. Chicago's destroyed 3.3 square miles while Boston's consumed "only" 65 acres (1/10 of a square mile).

Don't forget too that the Great Fires of the 1870's cleared large swathes of buildings and land allowing for more thoughtful grid layouts. Chicago's destroyed 3.3 square miles while Boston's consumed "only" 65 acres (1/10 of a square mile).

And we did not update the [non-existent] grid layout!

34732024692_8edbea9fc3_b.jpg

34895200055_24a583b881_b.jpg

An angle you don't see often. You continue to shine.

Ha thanks. And thank yooouuuuuu to Comcast for hooking my girl and her family up with some seats in their suite on that level with the garden (free Legal clam chowder, drooooooll).

Edit: and what the heck, here's a leftover shot from the gahhhden level.

34743987802_5f2f138d25_b.jpg

Painfully slow? i'm just happy they got it built.

and there's still a crane up there!

Here's a shot of the Pierce with the restored Muddy River section in front:
pierce_may_2017_b_zpsuocmzwkz.jpg

gonna go out on a limb,

but i say the cladding is up by September 1st, 2017.......

you gotta have a dream.

& just think man; SST is gonna be 299' taller!
:)

Dont worry glass is going up

sabdQBBh.jpg

Also, a large leasing sign was put on the front of the building, but I was going the other direction and couldnt get a shot of it

Back