Pinnacle at Central Wharf (Harbor Garage) | 70 East India Row | Waterfront | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stellar, what maritime related use was provided at 150 Seaport?
The Harborwalk, which runs along the seaward perimeter of the property.

The seminal case, and the decision in 1979 that upset the apple cart with respect to properties adjacent to Boston Harbor, involved a proposed further development of Lewis Wharf. The case is:

BOSTON WATERFRONT DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION vs. COMMONWEALTH.
378 Mass. 629 [citation to where a record of the decision in the case may be found]
December 7, 1978 - August 3, 1979 [dates of argument by the parties, and date of decision]

From the Lewis Wharf case, and to illustrate that little has changed in 175 years,
......The understanding of these cases concerning shore property is enhanced by following the historical development of Boston Harbor through the mind-Nineteenth Century. Legislative documents describe increasing concern with encroachment upon the harbor, as wharf property became very valuable, and great portions of the harbor were reclaimed as filled land. 1837 Sen. Doc. No. 47. 1847 Sen. Doc. No. 25. 1850 Sen. Doc. No. 3. 1851 House Doc. No. 106. Investors who speculated in harbor property pressured the Legislature to grant away the Commonwealth's flats to private owners. An 1850 report by the harbor commissioners considered whether or not to adopt such a policy and recommended against it, saying "The demand for land is, in a great degree, an individual demand, the demand of companies engaged in speculations; while the demand for water is a demand of the public, -- a demand of commerce, in which the State and nation have a deep and vital interest." 1850 Sen. Doc. No. 3, at 28. The continuing pressure for development caused the Legislature in 1866 to create a permanent Board of Harbor Commissioners whose approval would be required for any proposed building or filling on the tidelands. (St. 1866, c. 149.)

The Harborwalk, which runs along the seaward perimeter of the property.

The seminal case, and the decision in 1979 that upset the apple cart with respect to properties adjacent to Boston Harbor, involved a proposed further development of Lewis Wharf. The case is:

BOSTON WATERFRONT DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION vs. COMMONWEALTH.
378 Mass. 629 [citation to where a record of the decision in the case may be found]
December 7, 1978 - August 3, 1979 [dates of argument by the parties, and date of decision]

From the Lewis Wharf case, and to illustrate that little has changed in 175 years,
Were just lucky that some Well Meaning Colonial Era Judge didn't interpret Fowling in the context of what a 17th C fowling piece could hit when fired vertically -- say 20 rods?

Here are the details on the rescheduled meeting:

Date/Time: Thursday, 02/27/2020 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Harbor View Ballroom, The Marriott Hotel Long Wharf, 296 State Street, Boston, MA 02109

I wonder if we can find a bookie to take some action on the crazy stuff the harbor towers residents will spout in opposition to this project.

My first question:
"Mr Czerwienski: Will the impact advisory group be comprised of angry neighbors attempting to block a fair process, and stop people who support this project from being heard? There's a lot at stake here for the good people of Boston. The process should be declared a crony free zone. "

How will that rainbow building look after it gets dirty?

I would assume the containers would get dirty over time but looking at typical container yards they seem to surprisingly retain their color. Although I can appreciate the modern elements of the current design, the over all building seems to be just under the iconic factor needed for this location. It's not elegant and also has no splash! The massing reminds me of the "wedding cake" building of Miami that is great when it's lit up at night (with color) but it's not an attractive building during the day time. What ever the final design, this location is front and center on the waterfront that ends up on every television screen and every post card so I am keeping the faith the final design will be a little more elegant or colorful /iconic.

Something like this would work, it's perfect for a waterside location. https://www.dezeen.com/2019/10/09/s...ic-tallest-building-black-n-arch-david-cerny/
top-tower-shipwreck-black-n-arch-architecture-prague-czech-republic-high-rise_dezeen_1704_col_1.jpg

Looks like the Titanic before it splits apart and falls into the ocean.

Like the sequel to a mega-disaster movie where the survivors 10 yrs on have returned to the city to live amidst...oh to hell with it. This is comically terrible.

That's like naming your athletic shoe store "The Athlete's Foot."

I don't want it anywhere near Boston, but put me down as a fan of the Czech project. Not fit for a nation's tallest, but who doesn't enjoy some whimsical roadside attraction architecture? Stick that on Prague's Route 1.

Question: what is that building???? Is it not at the current location of the proposed Pinnacle???

Attachments

• 296D4C8A-59C9-4421-9430-0DB4F928D62A.jpeg
    296D4C8A-59C9-4421-9430-0DB4F928D62A.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 226
Traveler's Building. It was demolished and replaced by 125 High Street.

DZH -- Greatest comment ever associated with a controlled demolition.
I was right next to the Federal Reserve with about 100 or so people who had set-up early to take pix from a good vantage point.

Like a snare drum the explosions rattled off all of the other nearby buildings -- the sound died down and then the smoke, dust, asbestos?, etc. cleared. As soon as International Place became visible someone shouted "They blew-up the wrong building!!" 🤩

DZH -- Greatest comment ever associated with a controlled demolition.
I was right next to the Federal Reserve with about 100 or so people who had set-up early to take pix from a good vantage point.

Like a snare drum the explosions rattled off all of the other nearby buildings -- the sound died down and then the smoke, dust, asbestos?, etc. cleared. As soon as International Place became visible someone shouted "They blew-up the wrong building!!" 🤩

sadly, watching that brought back memories of 9/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back