Quincy Market Update/Renovation | Faneuil Hall Marketplace | Downtown

Are all these "festival marketplaces" bland? The only other one I've been to in recent times is Covent Garden, and the retail there seemed duller too.

My memory is probably fried. Looking back, when Quincy Market changed from a real market it seemed like, well, the retail wasn't better than now, it's just that at the time it seemed novel. "Wow, a place that sells NOTHING BUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!"

Now it is a South Park or Simpsons meme.

I guess you gotta buy your perfume somewhere.

down here in the Bayou, deep fried chocolate chip cookies and twinkies are preferred.

The good part is its a great building. Tenants come and go but the building will be around for a long time. Thats still a win even if its a weird choice of retailer at the moment.

33813647271_744b4d74bb_b.jpg

I think I would like this building a lot better if that brutal monstrosity wasn't perched behind it in background.

A bit better than the greenhouse in form if not in current use.

Fanueil may be bland, but at least it's not schlocky. Baltimore's Harborplace has this lovely façade on one side: https://goo.gl/maps/YdPEDP2BZDC2

Agreed. Harborplace reminds me of the New England Aquarium setting. (And gosh, do I hate how they have improperly ballasted the Constellation.)

Stood staring at Sephora for a while today. The building is ok. The retail doesn't appeal, that's all. But then, no one would shop at a place filled with toy trains and rc WW1 biplanes and old amps and guitars.

This will be nice to have. Adds some more life to the area. Any renders of this thing?

This will be nice to have. Adds some more life to the area. Any renders of this thing?
How does that ditty for the Beantown Pub go:

The only place where you can have a cold Sam Adams while staring at a cold Sam Adams [across the street in the Old Granary Burial Ground

well this new Taproom will let you have a cold Sam Adams [such as a bronze colored Oktoberfest] and stare at a bronze Sam Adams

Last edited:
Sad how this slipped from Summer 2019 to ✨SOMETIME✨ in 2019. This should activate this corner way better than anything that was here before.

Sad how this slipped from Summer 2019 to ✨SOMETIME✨ in 2019. This should activate this corner way better than anything that was here before.

Once they missed the summer they really lost the initiative to finish quickly. As long as they're online before May 2020 they'll be happy.

Back