Radian (Dainty Dot) | 120 Kingston Street | Chinatown

Re: 120 Kingston, 29 Story Tower in Chinatown

img_0322.jpg

What prevented this building from meeting the height of the State Street tower?

Did the RKG also prevent any active use from facing the RKG?

I really have to quote Rifleman here:

lack of VISION

I was more referencing the hacking of the original design, which was taller, as too iconic and taking away from the rkg

Hutchinson, I remember that point being made. Now that the number of units in a shorter building has increased by about 25 percent over the original, one wonders if the original design was always a fantasy, a stalking horse that was never intended to be built.

My point is regardless of whether the original design was just a developers fantasy, the BRA didn't like it (i think Shen made that comment). It's just my opinion but to me taller generally = more iconic by pure virtue of the impact on the skyline. When the question is why isn't it taller I think part of the answer lies directly with the regulatory agency. Someone could check the RKG guidelines the BRA published, but I bet, much like the congress st. garage site, the suggested height limitation for this site is pretty stunted.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty curious to find out more about that water bottle tower to the right of State Street. :p

If they designed a building to look like a water bottle it would probably be nicer than this design.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty curious to find out more about that water bottle tower to the right of State Street. :p

I believe that is the product of a Maine-based developer.

If they designed a building to look like a water bottle it would probably be nicer than this design.
Round, more slender than most Boston buildigns, and with a "spire", yep already one of the top 5 buildings in town....

Slap the mayors face on the bottle logo, and it'll sail right through approvals.

ALTER unsle sprech neW BuilDin idIOT SPaWN of KEYSSTONE Bildin und ABE's Lincolnstrasse pARKing g aRAGE

ALTER unsle sprech neW BuilDin idIOT SPaWN of KEYSSTONE Bildin und ABE's Lincolnstrasse pARKing g aRAGE

Great points, feel free to elaborate on them some more

This could have been a nice and sleek tower if it were as tall as the state street tower. However, this is probably around the same height as the mid-rise tower next to the state street building so it's not exactly out of scale.

Great points, feel free to elaborate on them some more

Alter OnkEL hat ein GUTES AugE. Er sagt, DASS das neUe Gebäude EIN Stück Scheiße ist.

DIE FORM IST STUMPF!!!!!!

Die Materialien sind PREISWERT!!!!

ALTER Onkel saGT, dassSIE wie eTWAs sCHaut, dAs in WORCESTER oder IN HARTFORD gehörT.

Or. so IAM thinkin

Just when you think it doesn't get any better, he pulls out the Deutsch. I can understand some. =P

Love the emphasis on Scheiße. Hah.

Last edited:

Seriously, how did you ever come across this forum and why do you even post here?

What is preventing you from writing articulately? Can you answer that question in English?

BostonBred is Ablarc's nephew, or. so IAM thinkig

Back