Radian (Dainty Dot) | 120 Kingston Street | Chinatown

It took the Kensington about a year to reach 80+ % tenancy, which included move-in incentives, so I wouldn't write this one off just yet.

Agree. If it is 2/3s empty on September 1 than it may well be houston we have a problem.

Saw this the other day I must say it is a beautiful building, plays off of State Street perfectly, added a shaped building not yet seen here to the skyline, and the colors are very vibrant, I like it a lot.

I personally like it. Could it been better? Yes, it could have materials like the one used on the Colonnade but it's still a step ahead of Kensington and that junk of a dorm tower that NU is building.

honestly seeing kensington in person its not bad, it blends in good and adds length to the skyline and density to that growing area.

Hmm I don't know about this one. It's looking a little too iconic from this angle...

14410484016_93686dff4b_b.jpg

Nice shots KZ, that first one is really good! When is this one going to be occupied by residents? It seems like its been on the verge of completion for months now

Anyone catch this thing at night yet? Do the lights look good? I suppose we may have to wait for people to move in before we see what it will really look like at nite.

I'd label the nighttime architectural lighting as "Liberty Mutual Lite"- the pattern of lighting Radian's crown plus the warmth/brightness of the lights matches that of the new Liberty Mutual HQ- there's just less of it, and the overall impact is diminished as a result.

I was pretty "meh" about it. I expected more, to be honest.

I'd label the nighttime architectural lighting as "Liberty Mutual Lite"- the pattern of lighting Radian's crown plus the warmth/brightness of the lights matches that of the new Liberty Mutual HQ- there's just less of it, and the overall impact is diminished as a result.

I was pretty "meh" about it. I expected more, to be honest.

On the flipside, the night skyline is starting to look a little strange since it's mainly just the newer, shorter buildings that are lighting up. (aside from Pru, Custom House, State Street) There should be more lights at the downtown peaks, not just halfway up the plateau!

On the flipside, the night skyline is starting to look a little strange since it's mainly just the newer, shorter buildings that are lighting up. (aside from Pru, Custom House, State Street) There should be more lights at the downtown peaks, not just halfway up the plateau!

I couldn't agree more. Some well-placed lighting on our taller buildings (or, even better, on the towers set to go up in the coming years) would work wonders on our nighttime presence. The desire and the ideas are clearly there (Liberty Mutual, Radian, Avalon Exeter) but the execution is lacking when it counts.

Apologies for the topic digression...

Another improperly installed bike rack (too close to the street light and too close to curb). Does anyone ever read the installation instructions?!

Another improperly installed bike rack (too close to the street light and too close to curb). Does anyone ever read the installation instructions?!

Shorter contemporary urban planning:
Bike rack - Good.
Bike rack in use - Bad.

In other news, A new restaurant Townsman should be opening in the Radian late this year.

Back