Radian (Dainty Dot) | 120 Kingston Street | Chinatown

Re: 120 Kingston, 29 Story Tower in Chinatown

I love the look of all that steel from Washington Street; it's very textural and dynamic. I wish they could just leave it as it is without the bland facade covering. It's funny how many buildings in Boston lately have looked better unfinished than when finished.

^I was thinking the same exact thing.

"Form follows function" isn't a dictate Boston's ever followed well itself.

I haven't taken pictures of buildings in years but thought I owed it to all the others who have been taking them.

I got a shot of the large render in the office and I think it helps me understand what the cladding will look like. One side will have the busy windows it seems.

DSC_0154_zps580732ce.jpg
[img]http://i1361.photobucket.com...coto95/DSC_0075_01_zps94acbc11.jpg[/img][url]

Cladding is going up quickly. I am surprised at how fast this project is moving along.

Cladding is going up quickly. I am surprised at how fast this project is moving along.

Why are you surprised? It's another Suffolk Const. job, just like Kensington and Millennium Place. Those two are both finishing in 2 years. This will as well. Once the developer demonstrated they were serious and had the capital/financing, it was only a matter of Suffolk coming in and executing the way they always do--which is probably why they have such a monopoly...

Why are you surprised? It's another Suffolk Const. job, just like Kensington and Millennium Place. Those two are both finishing in 2 years. This will as well. Once the developer demonstrated they were serious and had the capital/financing, it was only a matter of Suffolk coming in and executing the way they always do--which is probably why they have such a monopoly...

I've alluded to this before on here. Suffolk seems to execute these projects with ruthless efficiency. With other construction managers <cough, cough> Moriarty...things seem to drag on (The groundbreaking for Avalon Exeter occurred 15 months before something started to pop out of the ground)

It does seem like the C.M makes a difference. Not exactly sure why that is sice they are basically managing subcontractors.

I'd say JMA usually moves things pretty economically.
They have moved pretty quick over here at 610 Main.
I know much of the below ground stuff at Exeter has been covered on here previously, but it has been moving quicker now that it's out of the ground.

129 Kingston is pretty much an on grade building. Those will move much quicker out of the ground. No big wait for the shoring and pouring.

assuming this is the crane for 120 kingston. Will there be a view of the building from cambridge?

DSC_3832 by geep9, on Flickr

I should say pleasantly surprised as once this was a go, there seems to be no real slow downs (unlike Berklee or Exeter).

ok no more pics of that one till it gets some glass :)

ngjDEmQ.jpg

Glass on the curved side going up. Not impressed, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see once the entire facade is up.

dOo2XGL.jpg

Back