Radius Apartments (née The Icon née Western Av Residence) | 530 Western Av | Brighton

Re: The Icon (née Western Ave Residence) | 530 Western Ave | Brighton

A vast improvement over the nowhereness previously there.

This is what urbanity is, building up on the street, parking in the back. America already did this in the past and is just remembering. Much of America including the suburbs would be much more walkable if they had never forgotten this.

You've just explained why i so love Lincoln Park, (Chicago) between Wrightswood and Fullerton, Clark and Halsted. But places near Wrigleyville too.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...bd3b09d92fa80a!8m2!3d41.9270045!4d-87.6413361

and to some extent the breadth and scale that closely surrounds it. The South End is epic. Would it be any bad type of thing if its personality exerted influence well south of Melnea Cass?

Seems to be going slow

Being marketed as "Radius Apartments"

Re: Radius Apartments (née The Icon née Western Av Residence) | 530 Western Av | Brig

Imagine what America would have been like if we had done this from the start, everywhere... Retail, buildings up against our streets, parking in the back. Most downtowns in Ma which were built long before the major suburb expansion did this as well, youll see little downtowns with some retail and the parking is behind the buildings. This is what makes those ares still viable to this day and the weirdo projects like Wrentham outlets are just confusing messes built away from roads, downtowns, where the parking is in the middle and the retail spans the entire perimeter... makes no sense at all. They need to copy this... literally everywhere. Westborough has some new buildings which are similar, but they still kind of built them off to the side of downtown, buuuut it still works out pretty good. Its close, were getting there. If they just reel it in a smidge and get back to the future I think well be alright.

Were starting to show now that "megaprojects" have shifted away from urban crush kill and destroy to some actual renewal. Now that they literally just did what we used to already do Im confident that architects and planners are capable of being given the keys to create new downtowns for the suburbs that they desperately need. Theres so many towns that could benefit from things like this where as it is now people are forced to drive to wherever the retail/grocery stores are. I think theyre finally getting it down where we could be confident they could pop up nice little downtowns all over the suburbs, with apartments over the retail creating vibrancy and ideally in the suburbs that do have the commuter rail... scale up. Framingham is just starting to do this as well and its going to bring downtown out of its slump finally. Every stop on the commuter rail in every direction should have mini cores built around them.

Re: Radius Apartments (née The Icon née Western Av Residence) | 530 Western Av | Brig

OHHH ...Now I get it. There is a radius involved. Their next three projects will be called, PARAPT, DORE, WNDOW.

cca

PS. I know this isnt fair ... but I really do hate the naming of buildings like they are EDM Djs'. I am just old and crusty.

Ap4rtmentz

Anyone know why 500 Western never got a project?

Is the guy waiting for his fortune to crest?

Apparently you can see the skyline from on top of this thing.

530-Western-Ave-5.jpg

More roof decks

530-Western-Ave-4_180826_090153.jpg

radius-brighton-ma-primary-photo.jpg

Anyone know why 500 Western never got a project?

Is the guy waiting for his fortune to crest?

Probably because he doesn't own two houses on Richardson St.

Apparently you can see the skyline from on top of this thing. Yes I worked in a building 4 doors down the views were amazing

OHHH ...Now I get it. There is a radius involved. Their next three projects will be called, PARAPT, DORE, WNDOW.

cca

PS. I know this isnt fair ... but I really do hate the naming of buildings like they are EDM Djs'. I am just old and crusty.

I don't know why but it irks me that there is only 1 radius here and the rest of the project is just a bunch of 90 degree angles.

Back