Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

According to what I have seen the roof of this will reach 400 feet and it appears likely the crown could reach another 20 to 30 feet above that. The zoning height is based on what is said in the NPC (at least I think thats where I saw it). In the building design section it said the developer was looking for the highest occupied floor to reach 400 feet based on a study done by the city that suggested that height for the site and it was mentioned because the building needed a zoning variance to reach that height.

They're listing this as 31 stories, which would not include the penthouse. Why wouldn't they list it as 32? This makes me think that the 393 is NOT to the bottom of the penthouse and to the bottom of the actual 31st floor, which could actually bring the total height closer to 450ft.

400'+ is still a sizeable tower, especially in Boston.

We have a bunch of 500'-800' footers in the works. Not every tower has to go that high.

IAG Meeting TONIGHT:

Note: This is an IAG meeting, meaning the IAG members' questions & comments are prioritized over the public's. Please be respectful of this if you choose to attend.

40 TRINITY PLACE IAG MEETING
MAR 30, 2016 | 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM

Contact Name: Phil Cohen
Contact Email Address: Phil.Cohen@Boston.gov
Contact Phone: 617.918.4280
Type: Impact Advisory Group (IAG)

Boston, MA 02116

Description:
On December 28th, 2015 the 40 Trinity Place development team submitted a Notice of Project Change proposing to: (1) move the parking off-site, (2) decrease the number of hotel rooms to add additional ownership opportunity, and (3) modify the inclusionary development program.

40 Trinity Place is a proposed 31-story building with approximately 154 hotel rooms, approximately 146 residential units, and ground floor restaurant/retail space.

Please note that the purpose of this meeting is different than that of a traditional community meeting. As part of the development review process, Impact Advisory Group (IAG) members work closely with BRA staff to identify the impacts of a project and recommend appropriate community benefits to offset those impacts. IAG meetings prioritize discussion between the project proponent (i.e. the developer) and IAG members. If time remains at the end of the meeting, BRA staff will open the floor to other community members in attendance.

Although anyone is welcome to attend IAG meetings and listen to the discussion, traditional community meetings, which occur after the IAG has met, are the more appropriate forum for the broader public to provide feedback about a project.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...endar/2016/03/30/40-trinity-place-iag-meeting

They're listing this as 31 stories, which would not include the penthouse. Why wouldn't they list it as 32? This makes me think that the 393 is NOT to the bottom of the penthouse and to the bottom of the actual 31st floor, which could actually bring the total height closer to 450ft.

Wow. That would be a very fine result this close to the JHT.

This project is on the agenda for Thursday's BRA meeting

Request authorization to issue a Determination under Section 80A-6 of the Zoning Code approving the Notice of Project Change for the 40 Trinity Place project consisting of 146 residential units with 7 IDP units, 100 off-site parking spaces, 154 hotel rooms, parking spaces and a reduction in the FAR; and, to take all related actions.

http://boston.siretechnologies.com/sirepubbra/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=309&doctype=AGENDA

^Can anyone explain that to some of us common folk, and how many more meetings before it goes for approval?

100 off-site parking spaces
Besides encouraging transit-oriented-development, what else can the city do to stop all these off-site parking lots? Perhaps altering zoning laws? It just seems annoying and somewhat backwards that we're adding parking lots AND they're not even on the same site.

Besides encouraging transit-oriented-development, what else can the city do to stop all these off-site parking lots? Perhaps altering zoning laws? It just seems annoying and somewhat backwards that we're adding parking lots AND they're not even on the same site.

the offsite parking is at 131 dartmouth st. an existing underground garage. They are not creating a new lot.

^Can anyone explain that to some of us common folk, and how many more meetings before it goes for approval?

This Thursday's meeting will be the big day if they approve the NPC as stated.

The video feed ended while i was on a conference call.

Does anyone know if 40 Trinity came up for vote?

Feed came back.... 40 Trinity is up for approval now!

Approved!! 5-0

Last edited:
Great news. So the final step is BRA approval then?

Back