Raffles Boston (40 Trinity Place) | 426 Stuart Street | Back Bay

Oh my, thanks DD! I need to read a book or two.

Does anyone know when they were hoping to start construction now that they have approval?

The restaurant planned for Trinity Place will literally have a view of the garage drum ramp.

I thought the Back Bay Station proposal from Boston Properties gets rid of that ramp and has the new office tower facade in its place...

Also, it looks as though these project teams worked together to coordinate connecting 40 Trinity's hotel portion to the Back Bay Station/Garage redevelopment. I didn't notice it until now, but it appears there's a pedestrian bridge scheme (AKA Gerbil Tube) in that project's PNF file... even a rumored "potential future bridge to 200 Clarendon." (HOW DID I MISS THAT BEFORE?!?!?!) And does anybody know if that came up during tonight's approval meeting (COUGH--datadyne007--COUGH)?

eW4qa9xh.png

Whoops my bad. Forgot just how transformative that Back Bay project actually is. 40 Trinity will surely be done well before even the first shovel goes in the ground for Back Bay. There will be many (maybe many many) years of the restaurant having a view of the garage ramp.

That building seems to still be standing in this rendering, am i missing something?

You have to look at the Back Bay Garage proposal to see the ramp transitioned. (And the Back Bay Garage project positioned with 40 Trinity).

40 Trinity cannot make that proposition in their PNF, because the garage is not their project.

Yeah. Super depressing. Especially when you pan around and see that it's one of the last things from the past that survived at that particular location. Awful hulking superblock garage on one side, hulking superblock Hancock Tower on the other. The restaurant planned for Trinity Place will literally have a view of the garage drum ramp.

Data -- no it won't --- if you read the proposal -- the drums are going as they sit on some of the only terra firma available to build upon without suspending things over the pike

Fine work!! could it be they're including the window washing boom?

so maybe somewhere near ~430' for the rooftop?

**An illuminating exchange between BRA Board member, Theodore Landsmark and Trinity architect, Jordan Warshaw (at the April 14th BRA meeting) is an education of the extent of extortion developers pay to get some projects built in Boston.

In his closing remarks, Landsmark offered his appreciation to Warshaw and expressed a desire that the people would return to hear the Trinity's deposition with the BRA – that they could become better informed about the extreme cost challenges of highrise construction in Boston.

skip to item #23/Notice of Project Change for 40 Trinity Pl... and 2:27:40 of the video...

http://boston.siretechnologies.com/sirepubbra/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=309&doctype=AGENDA

Last edited:
I was just on the FAA website looking through the recently determined cases and the crane for this project was approved with the work schedule filed with the FAA being from July 10, 2017 to September 10, 2018.

Looks like it will be out of the ground by next summer.

Fine work!! could it be they're including the window washing boom?

so maybe somewhere near ~430' for the rooftop?

Nope the FAA height does not make any mention of that height being achieved by a window washing boom the height of 446 feet is the actual structural height of the building.

I was just on the FAA website looking through the recently determined cases and the crane for this project was approved with the work schedule filed with the FAA being from July 10, 2017 to September 10, 2018.

Looks like it will be out of the ground by next summer.

Does that mean that's when they go vertical, or when the day 1 site work actually begins?

That is when the crane will be installed as far as I can tell I would assume they would be going vertical within a month or two of the crane's installation. But I could be wrong, and according to Downbursts post above the prep work should be starting this fall.

32a5a9ae-5e21-4683-b121-da28baab5d5e

I seriously doubt that outside terrace will ever built like that.

Looks scary :0

I would think that a public place like that would need a suicide net or taller railings.

Back