Rose Kennedy Greenway

Occupy Boston has to ruin the Greenway, It really should be setting up tents at City Hall. They should be protesting against the Politicans who make the laws.

That said, isn't it time for "the kids" to "occupy" a community center, soup kitchen, homeless shelter, or Habitat for Humanity job-site?

OWS and these things aren't mutually exclusive. In fact I'd argue they are complimentary and would be willing to bet there is already a lot of cross over.

That's the funny thing about people who care about the world around them and the people in it and are willing to act on it.

Occupy Boston has to ruin the Greenway, It really should be setting up tents at City Hall. They should be protesting against the Politicans who make the laws.

Great idea! And it would improve the appearance of brick "plaza".

I'm not gonna say your thoughts on synergies within social justice movements aren't valid, statler. If I have an issue with OWS, it's with methodology. I'd rather see folks swinging a hammer than carrying a sign. Embody the change you're demanding. How much of a helping hand can you offer when you're pointing a finger?

I was in college during the Gulf War. I knew a lot of good people who rented a bus with their own money and went to New York City to demonstrate. Thing is, for a lot of people, life just takes over. The folks who were chanting "No blood for oil!" in 1991 were buying SUVs and minivans in 1998. Will the Generation-OWS be any different? Fucked if I know...

My college roommate remains one of my closest friends. About two hundred yards from the Greenway encampment, his grandparents ran a cobbler shop into the early 90s. They worked long hours, way past the common retirement age. They lived an honest and modest live, bought a home, raised their kids right, and saw to their education. I get it that the world they lived in is long gone, replaced by bank mergers and leveraged buyouts and wholly irresponsible behavior at every level of American society. I expect that at least some of the OWS activists bemoan the loss of that iteration of America, but I'm not sure any of them are equipped to make the sacrifices that were common less than a century ago.

today
002-21.jpg
unsure what this is?
003-24.jpg
dogs like it
004-27.jpg
005-37.jpg

?

why hasn't technology developed to the point where you can transplant full grown trees?

Anyone know what the road construction is that's going on at Clinton and Surface Rd? Is that something to do with the Armenian garden?

why hasn't technology developed to the point where you can transplant full grown trees?

It can be done. It's just really expensive. A fully mature tree has a very large root bulb which is difficult to transport. That requires a specialty crane and flat bed truck for each individual tree. Additionally, the more mature a tree is the less able it is to tolerate the shock of being transported. That's a sizable risk for an investor, to pay for an expensive tree, pay for an expensive transport and planting, only to have a significant risk of the tree not acclimating to the new soil and die.

that blue stuff has to be an art work. It is reminiscent of an outdoor work by Dale Chihully ( or how ever you spell it) i saw once.

Apparently there is a lot of demand from the general public to use the Occupy Boston greenpatch of the RKG in November/December, despite the fact that most of that area of the park is empty all summer long.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/73042479/Greenway-Letter

Especially by dogs -- they really get activated by human odors emanating from grass that has been enriched by various bodily emissions

that blue stuff has to be an art work. It is reminiscent of an outdoor work by Dale Chihully ( or how ever you spell it) i saw once.

That appears to be an art zone - there are several along the greenway

Earier in the year there were giant models of vegetables and some other sculpures -- I thought that they might be semi-permanent but it appears that anything in that area is just a temporary exhibit (1 to2 months?)

Check out posts 4050 and 4053 --- 06-26-2011, 11:57 PM

spotted last week from afar>
111-2.jpg

The GREENWAY is becoming a DISGRACE.
I called it way back and said the GREENWAY would be home to a bunch of BUMS standing with barrels of Fire to keep themselves warm. We are pretty close.

Also a Dog Park

Last edited:
yesterday
032-18.jpg

Boston -- that view is pathetic -- it makes Boston look like Mumbai near the airport

except there the squatters are squatting because they have nothing and nowhere to go

here the oBumBaNoughts are just doing it for the same reason that they smoke a bong -- they've nothing to contribute to the planet except waste products

I think I really do like dogs better

Back