Rose Kennedy Greenway

I walked around the Greenway last weekend. I was shocked how much the Trees & bushes have flourished.

The Harbor Garage spot is awful (that needs to be developed for the Greenway to really excel.)

Winthrop Garage just closed down due to structural issues and if Congress Street Garage gets built we will have a massive shortage of parking in the city which will make Harbor Garage more valuable as a garage than a development. Sad but true.

This is why the BRA should be shutdown. Lost opportunity.

Wow. That's a huge improvement in plant growth even over last year. I can actually imagine myself enjoying the park without thinking about the surface road for the first time.

Thanks for the pictures, kz!

Woweeee thanks 02124 and KZ for those photos! Never thought the Greenway had it in her!

Oh no, won't somebody think of the poor multimillionaires and their need for servant parking.

Oh no, won't somebody think of the poor multimillionaires and their need for servant parking.

Not actually this type of supply & demand issue for parking in the city will make developing parking garages or parking lots more problematic without the taxpayers assistance in the future because of the poor planning from the BRA.

Harbor Garage will be considered a Asset to the city.
Congress Street Garage 2.1 Million more square feet with the same amount of parking.
Winthrop Garage==closed not sure the real reason.

Parking garages don't need taxpayer handout. Charging market rate is clearly enough.

I know. I love that she owns 3 spots but need "2 more for her workers." If I were her I probably wouldn't be giving interviews talking about how you need 5 urban parking spots for your servants. Not a good look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/9040107783/

9040107783_89c956d4ca_c.jpg

Beautiful! How cool with the Palm Restaurant in the new, reinoriented spot facing the Greenway! It's taking a while but things are really looking good!

Enjoy the lushness while it lasts; come each October it'll revert to barren median strip.

I hate to make requests, but it would really add to this thread if someone could do a top-to-bottom photo essay of the RKG on one of those sunny summer afternoons. This used to be pretty common when the RKG was taking shape, but lately nothing comprehensive has been posted that gives a good idea of how it's filling in/being used/failing/progressing.

I would do this myself, but alas, I along with a lot of other members don't have the privilege of actually living in Boston... rest assured that you, our photo savior, would have the endless appreciation of all of us out-of-towners!

^ I know you're all but calling me out by name to do a full-on tour, and maybe one day this summer I'll get around to it (I have been meaning to do one for quite some time). But for now the pictures are going to come in piecemeal, such as the ones I just took this morning of the middle section around the Pavilion and the under-construction carousel. Look for 'em tonight or tomorrow!

Back