Rose Kennedy Greenway

The first Boston Museum plan was to build directly on Parcel 12.

Moshe Safdie's initial scheme:

bmpimagesm.jpg

It was supposed to look like the hull of a ship, referencing Boston's nautical heritage. Instead, it evokes the giant sandworms in Frank Herbert's Dune.

lol ja that was definetely one of the worst designs I have ever seen

The Nemo Science Center is pretty interesting. Looking at it from the highway that goes under it, it feels as if you're about to go over the lip at splash mountain.

sat nite around 930 pm walked from South Station-Longwharf,lots of people/ tourist using most of the park from one end to the other.
115-1.jpg
112.jpg
visitor center @nite ,everything was lit up to be view at nite,signs/displays.this was a light box>
124-2.jpg
121-2.jpg
they really do need to light up the grain exchange building>
109-3.jpg
one of the signs/pictures
123.jpg

^ could be the same one? This was one of the lit up panels displaying all the harbor Island and their history

I light house, maybe a scaled down one, on the greenway could be cool.

I've long believed that the Talking Heads are a national treasure, and that David Byrne is one of our more astute social critics.

Could this snarky little ditty, written in the late 80s, be an anthem for the Greenway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEV-pPf3Fu4

"If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawnmower..."

How is the GREENWAY evolving this summer? Any archboston bloggers go down and visit the area lately?

After getting home from India -- i think that I like Boston a lot

I plan to take a walk again in a day or two -- although since someone stole my camera from within its bag while walking through a Bazzar in Delhi -- there won't be any pix for a week or so

Note -- anytime that you have clean water and clean surroundings -- emphasis on clean -- you will have people and activity

How is the GREENWAY evolving this summer? Any archboston bloggers go down and visit the area lately?

I was down there last Saturday after watching the Red Bull diving competition at the ICA. As previous photos have shown the big draws were the carousel, fountains and anywere else there was something to do or look at. The grassy areas were mostly unused except for the occasional dog walker. There were quite a few persons looking at the new Harbor Islands pavilion. I did notice many more persons walking the Greenway than when it first opened. People were buying food at local restaurants and taking it out so they could sit at tables in the park across from Rowes Wharf. The area is still too new to figure out how popular it may become in the future.

Back