Rose Kennedy Greenway

I'm really liking it too...to me, os gemeos looked like a giant simpsons character...it was a fun and unexpected diversion but I don't really think it added much to the area aesthetically.

I'll have to see it in person to pass true judgment. I like it and completely agree with the "dandelions blowing in the breeze..." comment (definitely better than super snail). However I don't think it makes as much use of the uniqueness of the building shape as the Os Gemeos piece and find the amount of empty space to be distracting. Contradictory as this sounds, I actually think it would look better with more open space / a typical canvas shape and think that the building stunts the piece rather than working with it (which I thought the Os Gemeos piece did really well).

Last edited:
I'll have to see it in person to pass true judgment. I like it and completely agree with the "dandelions blowing in the breeze..." comment (definitely better than super snail). However I don't think it makes as much use of the uniqueness of the building shape as the Os Gemeos piece and find the amount of empty space to be distracting. Contradictory as this sounds, I actually think it would look better with more open space / a typical canvas shape and think that the building stunts the piece rather than working with it (which I thought the Os Gemeos piece did really well).

Wow....Hutchison thinks he's Da Vinci?

Seeing the pictures made me think that this would be a great spot for a summer outdoor movie series. Paint that sucker white for a screen, you've got your seating area, cart vendors already around, maybe even put a small stage in front of it for some concerts. Fire it up on Thursday nights and the "crowd" at the DTX events can wander over at dusk.

I love the new mural. It reminds me that winter is coming :D
Beats the heck out of having a terrorist watching over the greenway, although I enjoyed the vibrant colors and wouldn't mind a nice colorful one in the future.

Here's a couple cell phone pics from Friday.

I too really like this piece. It's a nice break from the sustained lunacy of The Giant. But...

It reminds me that winter is coming :D

DHZ had to go and ruin for me. No reminders, please!!

First off, the last three pages have been focused on the art, not the park. But to answer your question, maybe because it's beaten the super low expectations we've all set for it? I never said I love it, but I would say I'm pleasantly surprised and that things are clearly getting better, however slowly.

I think this thread needs to be moved to existing development. All the RKG is doing right now is adding new art, a carousel, and food trucks to an already existing "park."

You can't read the text on the white sign on this box because of the glare, but it's a "little free library" ...cute idea.

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is one title among "many."

ettw.jpg

I love the picture of the third Harbor Tower where Rowes Wharf sits now. I have never seen that picture before.

Back