Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Does anybody know if there's a plan for this tiny parcel in front of the Convention Center hemmed in by the railroad tracks, Summer Street, and World Trade Ctr Ave? Is it even buildable?

It just seems unnecessarily depressing looking for a relatively prominent location and from Streetview it looks like it hasnt changed in 12+ years. Even a little landscaping would go a long way.

20230605_194858.jpg

it's an air rights parcel (D1)

and to your point, hopefully something is proposed soon...the only remaining Massport parcels to develop are H (already proposed), Housing on D Street (part of core block, already proposed), and parcels D1 and D3 (neither proposed)

1686079637114.png

it's an air rights parcel (D1)

and to your point, hopefully something is proposed soon...the only remaining Massport parcels to develop are H (already proposed), Housing on D Street (part of core block, already proposed), and parcels D1 and D3 (neither proposed)

View attachment 38823

The part labelled core block (former waterside place) has been further broken up to where now the proposed residential building is at parcel d-4.

Screen_Shot_2021-12-10_at_3.47.57_PM.png

https://www.bldup.com/posts/rfp-released-for-massport-air-rights-parcel-in-the-seaport

Walked around the Seaport and couldn’t help but notice that the outdoor restaurants, cafe’s, and a beer garden were mostly packed with diners! I really love how the Seaport is evolving. And I only walked in a small area.
IMG_9373.jpeg
IMG_9374.jpeg
IMG_9428.jpeg
IMG_9430.jpeg
IMG_9431.jpeg
IMG_9436.jpeg
IMG_9437.jpeg

Beautiful evening in the Seaport this past Saturday --

View attachment 40854View attachment 40855

Fantastic photos! From the above two images, the Goodwin and PWC buildings are pretty awful. I'm hoping the hotel/residential parcel next to the ICA allows something interesting to break up this glass box view. The rest of the architecture isn't stunning, but it's at least varied in texture. Those two glass boxes do nothing to enhance the area in my opinion. (Although, I will give them points for ground floor activation, which is VERY important.)

-I remember reading about Reebok moving out of the building only 5 years after they moved in their HQ, but I didnt know they were now converting the offices to labs.

JM Electrical Announces the Completion of Mechanical System Additions at Boston Design Center
Drydock-Avenue.jpg

“BOSTON JM Electrical recently completed the addition of controls for mechanical systems that will lay the foundation for forthcoming lab space within the Boston Design Center located at 17-19 Dry Dock Avenue in Boston.

Originally office and retail spaces, 17-19 Dry Dock Avenue will be used to accommodate the growing demand for lab space, particularly in Boston.

In recent years, Boston has experienced a notable and transformative trend within its real estate landscape – the conversion of office and retail spaces into cutting-edge laboratories. This shift reflects the city’s response to an unprecedented surge in the demand for laboratory facilities. As the life sciences sector experiences rapid growth and breakthrough discoveries, the need for state-of-the-art research and development spaces in Boston has become apparent.

JM Electrical has emerged as a recognized expert in this evolving arena, working closely with its clients to deliver innovative solutions that seamlessly transform spaces to meet the requirements of modern laboratory settings. With extensive experience across diverse environments, JM Electrical’s skilled team is well-equipped to navigate the intricacies of such conversions, ensuring optimal functionality while adhering to sustainable practices.”

https://bostonrealestatetimes.com/j...cal-system-additions-at-boston-design-center/

Mods, move this if posted elsewhere. I did not find a thread for it. Globe article published on august 1.

Post deleted, as the Globe article can be found on the Tishman Speyer 232 A St thread.

Last edited:

Back