Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Re: Innovation Dist. / South Boston Seaport

^I've been thinking about how great an idea that would be for a long time

this is completly closed off to everyone?

I was wondering the same thing last week.

Someone here said that the lot was closing in August, and there was an article posted a couple months ago that said construction was going to start in July. Back in December it was scheduled to start in April.

Love all the cranes but there's still a lot of park lots out there!!!

Someone here said that the lot was closing in August, and there was an article posted a couple months ago that said construction was going to start in July. Back in December it was scheduled to start in April.
Well that clears things up! :)

Bottom line is, Hynes is jerking us around.

And I was the jerk that reported that the lot was closing in August for construction to begin. That's what I get for listening to a parking attendant.

In 2007, I worked at 133 Fed and the grounskeeper manager kept saying that thing were moving along with the demo in order to get 115 Winthrop Sq constructed. I never believed him, so I'm not sure why I believed the parking attendant.

No pics, but a core just popped out of the ground in front of the ICA. Which building is that going to be?

Can we all please chip in some money and turn this into a bar/restaurant? Please?

What is that, anyway?

Weird thing about it: If you check out Apple Maps, and turn on 3D, everything around it, the buildings, the bridge, the friggin boats... all 3D. But that little shack... nothing.

EDIT: Ah, bridge keeper's house.

Yep, bridge tenders house. There was also a fireboat station attached, later used by Ross Towboat
15176767191_a5e91bce75_o.jpg

14993116730_1f70ddfed2_o.jpg

15179405342_d6fb6497a2_o.jpg

What happened to the crenelation on the top of this building? It looked SO much better before...
15179461092_6a4dbe38b4_o.jpg

14993251338_a3c022df65_o.jpg

Summer St had one as well:
14993154790_cd909c75ae_o.jpg

And these signs are now up as you leave the parking lot across from the courthouse. Very promising.

20140911_180449.jpg

Those are the Elkus housing blocks, correct?

davem, those are some great finds, where did you come across those? Any idea what year they're from?

Back