Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

Does anyone have the details on M1 and M2? The Banker & Tradesman article is behind a paywall, now. The old files on the BRA's website aren't accurate any longer, I don't think. (It has M1 & M2 adding up to 800,000 square feet.)

Parcel K looks to be one building in the map from a couple days ago but they're building 2 buildings on the site? So, J and H are both not yet built.

Are D & F correct as shown? I think so, b/c the under-construction memorial is part of F, with a park next to it, and will replace District Hall?

B&T indicated residential, with significant amount of first floor retail. Mentioned a possible supermarket. Foreign money, institutional IIRC.

According to B&T, 150,000 square feet of retail and 900,000 square feet of residential units, probably condos.

Parcel K looks to be one building in the map from a couple days ago but they're building 2 buildings on the site? So, J and H are both not yet built.

There's a Seaport Square Parcel K and a Massport Parcel K. Watermark Seaport is being built on Seaport Parcel K and there is a proposal for two buildings on Massport Parcel K. Maybe that's what you're refering to?

Watermark Seaport also looks like 2 buildings - there's a lowrise that connects with a high rise.

The d street mess needs addressing sooner than later to be sure. But, as it stands, the silver li be seaport is better than it gets credit for. In 10 years I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune. The bulk of the major build out will be done and occupied. Then the delayed reaction by the state and the agency will kick in.

I agree the SL is not the total disaster some claim it to be. However, I also agree that in 10 years it will be, and that's where the state is dropping the ball. They need to be planning LRT conversion now if it's going to be ready by the time Seaport is built out and the SL busses truly begin to show their lack of capacity. Unfortunately, due to funding and lack of foresight it is not on anyone's radar. Pretty sure that our Crazy Transit Pitch thread is the only place in the state where rail conversion of the transitway has been debated.

Thank you ladies. It's not clear when you're walking Seaport Blvd that those are attached buildings.

PS. Apparently, Parcel Q (the park) is completed? Going over, now.

Are D & F correct as shown? I think so, b/c the under-construction memorial is part of F, with a park next to it, and will replace District Hall?

Figured I'd clear up the potential confusion by summing up present Seaport Square progress: Parcel K is two buildings: one shorter and steel framed, the other taller and concrete. They will be connected at the base but will clearly be two towers. Parcel D has nothing happening on it at the moment-- it's where the chapel is. District Hall and Parcel F will exist together-- the Hall will sit on the side of the green. J and H have both been rendered but are not yet built. Otherwise, L1, A, B, and C are under construction. Q and District Hall are complete. L2 has been bought by Skanska. We've seen a speculative render for G, and now speculation has begun on M1 and M2.

I agree the SL is not the total disaster some claim it to be. However, I also agree that in 10 years it will be, and that's where the state is dropping the ball. They need to be planning LRT conversion now if it's going to be ready by the time Seaport is built out and the SL busses truly begin to show their lack of capacity. Unfortunately, due to funding and lack of foresight it is not on anyone's radar. Pretty sure that our Crazy Transit Pitch thread is the only place in the state where rail conversion of the transitway has been debated.

Funding should be simple. 30-50 year bond backed by the increased real estate value of all new developments in the area. Yes the state should fund it not the city but I think this would be the fastest and most politically tolerated?

These new buildings got to be bringing close to 750-1m each in new real estate taxes to the city no? X20 buildings and thats a substantial amount of money.

Thank you so much.

I asked the BRA on Twitter today for an answer and they directed me to their website where the last detailed map is from 2010 - so, not much help. I whined about it on Twitter (since that's all I do, apparently) and was spanked by another Twitterer. Fair criticism, since the BRA at least responded to my request. Just ... they could be the BEST at what they do and have more (and, updated) information for interested parties.

If you don't follow them, it's http://www.twitter.com/bostonredevelop

If you don't know what Twitter is, it's http://www.twitter.com

Edit: All parks look bad in the winter.

Last edited:
No Massachusetts park looks good at anytime in March.

No park, anywhere, looks good in the shadow of a looming, unadorned, blank, depressing, wall of drudgery.

I think this park is only a place holder. Don't for get it is authorized for 100 feet. Once we get more Seaport Sq build out and the Memorial park is completed I bet they build on it. I think they did it to placate Menino just like the (District Hall/Innovation Center).

I think this park is only a place holder. Don't for get it is authorized for 100 feet. Once we get more Seaport Sq build out and the Memorial park is completed I bet they build on it. I think they did it to placate Menino just like the (District Hall/Innovation Center).

While that is possible, the Parcel Q park was in the plan from the beginning (that's my impression at least). It looks pretty damn good, albeit small, in the summer time, often has active use in the half basketball court during the day, and has been open for at least a year, maybe two or three at this point.

It's a fantastic small park. Lots of kids on weekends. Dogs playing in AM and late afternoon. And a lot of weekday lunch pick up basketball. Right now it happens to look like total garbage because all of the snow having melted and the lack of a winter maintenance crew. It didn't look nearly as bad last spring when the winter was milder. BTW, it's not clear to me as to who maintains it the park. I don't think it is the city.

Has a nice dog fountain as well, almost forgot.

Bottom line, swing by on May 1st, maybe even before, and it will look completely different.

Back