Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

L2 was bought up by Skanska in December 2013, and is listed in some places as in design development. There was also an article at some point in Baker and Tradesman about this being a possible spec office site. As Skanska seems to be reaching a sort of midway point with its construction on Parcels K and L1, maybe they'll move on this one.

I love that building (though her butt side, not so much!) and will definitely have a drink on the rooftop terrace when it's completed!

!!SIRENS!!

According to Banker & Tradesman, BGI (Hynes) and Morgan Stanley are selling off 2 parcels of land at Seaport Square, M1 and M2.

The parcels put under agreement last week, M1 and M2, are located between Congress Street and Seaport Boulevard.

(I don't know why there's no M1 or M2 on this map of the development.)

http://www.bankerandtradesman.com/news163325.html

oqu2Isv.png

Good.
It'll be nice to see the other side of the Square starting to activate.
Foreign investing? New players in town?
More good news.

900,000 square feet of residential and 150,000 square feet of retail. Wow! That's got to be nearly 1,000 more residential units!

The M1 parcel has been identified in planning documents as the future home of a large retail tenant such as a grocery store, which is considered one of the main commercial voids in the neighborhood.

Excellent location for a grocery store. My money is on Trader Joes or Star Market.

Hope everybody has their own Car. Transit sucks in this area.

Dude, I know you get off trolling this thread (and other Seaport ones) about how much you hate the Silver Line Waterfront, but I'm posting this for the sake of facts.

Parcel M1 & M2 are literally 500 feet away from World Trade Center Station.

sKzmjJR.png

900,000 square feet of residential and 150,000 square feet of retail. Wow! That's got to be nearly 1,000 more residential units!

Excellent location for a grocery store. My money is on Trader Joes or Star Market.

Don't know about Trader Joes. You want something here that provides good amount of hot prepared foods.

But in any case - this is great news. This development will fill in the biggest gaping hole in Seaport Blvd's streetwall.

Will the architecture at the corner of "Autumn Lane" and "East Service Road" be any less contrived than the street names?

You know my rant on this subject.

I thought about Whole Foods, but then figured that's a long shot considering how close by the South End location is that they just opened.

Wegman's crossed my mind too, until I realized the 150,000 sq. ft. will be divided into 2 different buildings... as I recall Wegman's generally take up more than 100k sq. ft., right? Landmark Center Wegman's will be an obvious exception, but I guess time will tell.

Guys, this isn't an area being built for middle class suburban shoppers who want deals. This upper middle class, high disposable income, no kids, YUPY-AS-FUCK central. Whole Foods is the only option. If this was closer Southie or even in the middle of the Wharf Dist. then yeah I'd imagine something more middle class. But the Seaport Dist. isn't being built for them. You want to attract wealthy tenants you gotta give them what they want.

Also if you think a whole foods can't have enough prepared foods you should check out the one in Union Square it has a ton of prepared food. So I don't think that is an issue. I would expect to see a Whole Foods for sure.

Guys, this isn't an area being built for middle class suburban shoppers who want deals. This upper middle class, high disposable income, no kids, YUPY-AS-FUCK central. Whole Foods is the only option. If this was closer Southie or even in the middle of the Wharf Dist. then yeah I'd imagine something more middle class. But the Seaport Dist. isn't being built for them. You want to attract wealthy tenants you gotta give them what they want.

This is true, but the one reason Wegman's would have a chance is because it has attracted a shitload of buzz - not because it's affordable, but just because it's big, has good food, and isn't Whole Foods. Whole Foods, though still wildly popular, is getting close to becoming just another chain - it'll always be a major player for yuppie central, but it nonetheless is at risk of jumping the shark a little bit. Yuppies want unique in addition to high end/local/blah blah blah. So I wouldn't be so surprised if it doesn't go Whole Foods - and if it doesn't, Wegman's is the only other possibility. TJ's, no way.

I just don't see the mass of population I think you'd need for a large (+100,000-square foot) supermarket. I guess the South End one has 50,000-square feet and the JP one is 14,000-square feet. Those might work, especially if they build some parking (the South End one has 200 spaces?).

Does Wegmans build small supermarkets?

Back